uniqs
jpgr
WAR
join:2011-08-18
Clyde, OH

jpgr

get second connect to get ready for bonded ADSL..... 20.98$

I payed 39.99$ a month now 60.97 $ . 39.99+14.99+5.99=60.97
So whoever said the cost was like buying two DSL lines for 39.99 had a good sale rep lol .....probly talked them into getting the best phone line with unlimited long distance call international call and probly told them they could call Mars .........

Oh ya Ohio does not taxe internet so thats my fianl cost ! A second DSL line plus unlimited local calls plus 30 min roll over minutes a month for long distance phone calls for 20.98 $ is a hell of a deal ! I got it so when Bonded DSL comes my way I will be ready to go

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

What speed did they say you'll be getting with the setup? Usually with a price decrease, there is a speed decrease. Hopefully not, though!
jpgr
WAR
Clyde, OH

4 edits

jpgr

Ya they dropped me down to 1 meg the same day I order but I called tech support . Cool and calm told them my situation. I also mention that they recorder my conversation with customer service rep telling me he would not change my speeds or account number . I did tell them I did not want a new account number or speEd dropped . The tech send me back to customer service again and told me to tell them only they can change my speed back and not to send me to tech support. I told customer service the same thing I told the tech support . . So customer service called the provision department and switched me back to my original speed1792mb I was getting 1186 on my modem stats .

I should have rEcorded the conversation for my own records . I would advise that. But so far my second phone line is active it was pending for 24 hours but no DSL . I got a phone signal but no internet light . I got a ticket in and the tech said its at the CO or somewhere on there end since the tech came in already and installed my line a phone jack and got dial tone . But my other modem is the one that went back to origianl provision speed. So the tech told me this new modem will get about the same .!

But personelly I am more into the ping on the second line for gaming not speed. I just got exede Satelite for the 12 meg 3 meg up so far I get 16 meg down. Since I work 4- midnight they got free downloading with no caps from midnight to 5am. I pay 120 a month but to me it's worth it !

But ya 3 weeks ago I was paying 48.99 I called told them I saw online it said 39.99so they switched it .Then I ordered seconed connect so in reality I was paying 48.99 for a year so I am paying only 12 dollars for the seconed connect since I never got to pay the 39.99 bill yet! I also had to agree to a price fix and a 1 year agreement since mine expired this month!
jpgr

jpgr

my bad people it all messed up they screwed me ! don't get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool88
@frontiernet.net

cool88

Anon

how did they mess up this time
jpgr
WAR
Clyde, OH

jpgr

I was quoted 60.97 but the rep was a noob on training and gave me the wrong quote it's know 80 something !!! I was pissed but they are actually doing a special for me to honor my quote. So it still 60 dollars. Luckily I called back to verify cause I read up and got curious!
Action2
join:2010-06-29
Champaign, IL

Action2 to jpgr

to jpgr
Hopefully you did not buy into second connect thinking you needed two DSL accounts for bonded DSL.

You do not need two phone cables plugged into a modem for it to be bonded.

I would be wary of second connect, often you are better off without than with! I saved money getting two dry loop lines over second connect due to dial tone fees taxes and other miscellaneous charges, though things might have changed since I had that setup.
jpgr
WAR
Clyde, OH

jpgr

thats the great deal there giving me two dry loops DSL connections they say they don't do it but there doing it for me . It will still come to 60 dollars so I am happy ! I had to talk to a superviser !
bamaraid
join:2007-11-12
Shanks, WV

bamaraid to jpgr

to jpgr
I just got the second connect installed today, and when i ordered it i was quoted it would be 14.99 + a 6.99 modem fee = 21.98 and taxes extra a month. I also had the installation fee waived. The line they put in for the second modem does not have call in or out enabled. Can't wait for next bill to see if what they quoted is correct.
jpgr
WAR
Clyde, OH

jpgr

they told me it would come out to like 80 dollars 27 dollars for the phone 34 dollars for my dsl line plus 14.99 for my new dsl line plus 5.99 plus taxes like 80 dollars ! I said hell know wrong quote they even pulled up the recorded conversation to verify I was lied too!