All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Ekie95
join:2002-04-08
Cloquet, MN

Ekie95

[MN] Mediacom HSI Having Major Issues!!!

Hi,
I have Mediacom HSI max package. I live in Cloquet, Mn. I am having major issues with packet lost. On google and youtube and other sites 100% pocket lost. Seems like at night its the worst. My modem does not have solid lights on either. The lights on the modem that are on are power and receive. Send is blinking and online is completely off and activity is blinking like it should be. I do have router plugged in. I have tried the modem directly plugin without the router and have the same issues. I have unplugged the modem for a couple of minutes to rest it. After I reset the modem the lights will be back to normal for a day or two and then start with send blinking and online off. I wish mediacom would fix theses problems in my area. A lot of other people I have talked to in my area are facing the same issues. Please help!

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

You probably have a signal issue or a bad modem. Most likely upstream signal issue. If you send a message to MediacomChad with your account info he can provide more info.
mr_boodog
join:2008-08-12

mr_boodog to Ekie95

to Ekie95
Gotta side with Ekie. Up in Grand Rapids, MN, I am seeing same behavior on many different sites. Download speeds seem to be ok to some of the regular speedtest sites, but very high ping responses.

I have a secondary ISP, and response times are normal using same router, switch, and workstation.

This has been going on now for about two weeks; very sporadic and frustrating. I haven't yet thrown out a message to Chad. Perhaps it is getting time to though.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

There is an issue in the area that Maintenance is working on tonight from 12-6AM. If you are still having issues once this is completed, send me a message and I will look into it for you.