Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

meowmeow

join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT
reply to cornbread

Re: Campground 1/4 Mile Coverage help

Please contact me by PM I have done an almost identical campground install this year, using EnGenius and Ubiquiti equipment. Doing it again, there's changes I'd make, but I'd be happy to detail the install in details. Capacity is going to be your killer.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
Thats what I thought, one heck of a load. So Markie how does one deal with the number of users, capacity of the system given the number of potential concurrent wirless users??? conceptually not looking for the details......

meowmeow

Helena, MT
Ideally, using a system like Ruckus designed for huge numbers of concurrent users. On a non-profit campground budget, deploying large numbers of AP's, planning channel usage well, and making ideal use of 5 GHz (where there is plenty of channels) as much as possible. The campground I did is also limited by a 10/768 DSL line. Believe it or not, even with hundreds of concurrent users it works very well.

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4
said by meowmeow:

The campground I did is also limited by a 10/768 DSL line. Believe it or not, even with hundreds of concurrent users it works very well.

What system were you using for user bandwidth control ?

meowmeow

Helena, MT
pfSense

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4
That will do it alright.