to Bob4

Re: CHASE bank

Yep, overnight.

Toadman
Hypnotoad
join:2001-11-28
Mystery

Toadman

Chase is very good about staying on top of fraud. I used my ATM card in Bangkok about 3 months ago and within 2 minutes I got a text message telling me they suspended the card on suspicion of fraud. I called and took care of re activating. They were very apologetic and I told them I appreciate them being more cautious then not

My rant - every time I go in ( which is rare ) the tellers are coached to try to do small talk with you. Just accept my deposit. I don't need a conversation.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

said by Toadman:

Chase is very good about staying on top of fraud. I used my ATM card in Bangkok about 3 months ago and within 2 minutes I got a text message telling me they suspended the card on suspicion of fraud. I called and took care of re activating. They were very apologetic and I told them I appreciate them being more cautious then not

USAA did the same thing when I went to the UK back in June. Called in and it was immediately resolved.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4

You're better off using Capital One for overseas charges -- No foreign currency fees. I saved a bunch when I charged my Paris hotel bill to my Capital One card.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

said by Bob4:

You're better off using Capital One for overseas charges -- No foreign currency fees. I saved a bunch when I charged my Paris hotel bill to my Capital One card.

I have had Capital One in the past and prefer USAA. I hardly ever travel outside of the US, so the foreign transaction charge does not bother me. USAA only charges 1%. I have used it in the UK, France, and The Netherlands and it was fine.

Toadman
Hypnotoad
join:2001-11-28
Mystery

Toadman to Bob4

to Bob4
I use UBS for cc purchases overseas. Same deal no transaction fees. The chase card is debit and I have found out I am ahead currency conversion using ATM, even with the 5 buck ATM fee.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to Bob4

Premium Member

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

I get that with Chase as well.