uniqs
share rss forum feed

CVGNet

join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH

2 edits
reply to catbrat90

Re: Installation Appointment Set

If the web site is only offering 10 Mbps internet service than that service is not coming from a node 500' away.

Can you describe or post a picture of the "node" that you mentioned earlier? Maybe it isn't fully operational yet.

catbrat90

join:2007-08-10
Cincinnati, OH

I will try to get a picture later. The box is tan with a power meter on it and it is next to the old telephone cabinet.

CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH

That certainly sounds like one of the cabinets with Calix gear in it. It probably isn't commissioned yet so keep checking your address on the web site.

catbrat90

join:2007-08-10
Cincinnati, OH

No Tech showed and no order was in the system for the upgrade. The sales department went ahead and placed the order. They said that no tech was needed and my modem was compatible and that it needed provisioned for the 10MB service. Had to have a service appointment because my speed test are still inconsistent and jumping around when doing the speedtest at highspeed.zoomtown.com or at speedtest.net. I am having high ping times and losing packets tech is scheduled to come out tomorrow morning I hope they find the problem and fix it.

CVGNet

Cincinnati, OH

OK - this just sounds like a speed boost on DSL. When you get the "Fioptics" branded VDSL service it will involve a new modem.