We Is Whut We Am
Premium Member
join:2002-05-29
Baton Rouge, LA

sfogliatelle to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat

Re: [DIRECTV] Very slow remote

I experienced similar sluggish performance while attempting to access "List" with the same receiver as you. After changing the batteries (to no avail) I went on to their support forums and here's what worked for me:

Clear NVRAM to speed up DVR performance:

Go to channel 1. Once the page is operating including audio, use the remote and press Red, Red, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Green in exactly that order. This must be done quickly. Otherwise the yellow press will bring up a quick options menu. That will display a message about the NVRAM being cleared in the lower left. Turn "Scrolling Effects" to off. This is in the Display-->Preferences menu. Uncheck all of the resolutions under HDTV in the TV Resolutions menu except 720p or 1080i and 1080p, depending on whether you have a 720/768 or 1080 TV or turn Native off

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium Member
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME

Dominokat

Premium Member

said by sfogliatelle:

I experienced similar sluggish performance while attempting to access "List" with the same receiver as you. After changing the batteries (to no avail) I went on to their support forums and here's what worked for me:

Go to channel 1. Once the page is operating including audio, use the remote and press Red, Red, Blue, Blue, Yellow, Green in exactly that order. This must be done quickly. Otherwise the yellow press will bring up a quick options menu. That will display a message about the NVRAM being cleared in the lower left. Turn "Scrolling Effects" to off. This is in the Display-->Preferences menu. Uncheck all of the resolutions under HDTV in the TV Resolutions menu except 720p or 1080i and 1080p, depending on whether you have a 720/768 or 1080 TV or turn Native off

Thanks, I will try this.
westdc
join:2009-01-25
Amissville, VA

westdc

It also helps while doing that to hold one hand over your head and wave it in a circle

INtheKnow
@charter.com

INtheKnow

Anon

fluorescent lights can interfere with IR remotes

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

said by INtheKnow :

fluorescent lights can interfere with IR remotes

It is not the light; it is the ballast. You want a Magnetically Ballast light and not a Electronically Ballast light.

Brewsky
@windstream.net

Brewsky

Anon

Some TV's out there with a "light" sensor ....where the tv adjusts brightness depending on the amount of light coming into the room...this feature can cause some sluggish responses on remote....either turn this feature off on the tv or switch remote to RF

Nuckfuts
Premium Member
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Nuckfuts to Dominokat

Premium Member

to Dominokat
said by sfogliatelle:

This has always helped me when my HR's are sluggish.