Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to Immer

Re: [Classes] 5.0.4 Healing Priest (Holy Healing)

Click for full size
Figure 1
Click for full size
Figure 2
Okay, so at ilvl464~466 Holy is performing better for our raids than Discipline. I'll admit I was not yet maximizing Rapture, Spirit Shell, or PoM, but it felt like I was forced to hard-cast PoH too much as disc. I switched to Holy and chose Holy Word: Serenity Chakra for healing our paladin tank. One of the biggest strengths of Holy healing is the ability to switch to Sanctuary Chakra for heavy AoE (needs to be worth the 30sec. CD on chakra, though). Thankfully our r.shaman is a powerful raid healer, so I didn't need to change Chakras on this last attempt. That may change if we get Jasper/Jade/Amethyst next week (or ZOMG not Jasper/Amethyst/Cobalt). Another amazing spell in the holy toolkit is Light spring (I glyphed Lightwell (extra 2 charges) AND LightSpring (no clicky heal for those below 50%)... and you can see the results in Figure 1).

I'd like to draw your attention to one talent swap in particular (Figure 1) I dropped Halo for Cascade. It is a wonderful heal. If you are using on CD (25sec), you'll end up using more mana than Halo on CD (40sec)... but neither spell should be used on CD. Use them when you can maximize their healing throughput. It's a great spell. My Circle of Healing use could improve... I attribute that to spending so much time healing this fight as Disc... I just need to work on weaving that GCD in more often.

Now in Figure 2, there are couple of digs on my performance... PoM uptime is far too low. I'm not sure if it was this fight or the first wipe but my hymn of hope got cut short by an amethyst pool (/grumble). But I did much better firing off Mindbender (nearly 150K mana return) and I swapped in my 463 trinket "Price of Progress" which kicked that mana pot's butt! Hymn of hope... priestly altruism... it probably was a full cast but dumped all of its mana on others, lol.

Anyway... I don't know how many other healing priests are on these forums, just felt like sharing what I learned this weekend.

Edit: wow, that Windsong wpn enchant is odd. I got 5 procs... twice for 1500 Mastery (cool), twice for 1500 Haste (nice), and once for 1500 Crit (meh).
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Agrende (discipline/holy); Esclavizado (blood/unholy)

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
Click for full size
Timline View
I love this timeline feature... it's a bit "zoomed out" but it gives you an Idea of what I was doing throughout the fight. I'm not 100% sure why PoM shows up as 3 different spells. It might have something to do with my SP at the time of the cast (procs, Twist of Fate?).