All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
knarf829
join:2007-06-02

1 edit

knarf829 to JMikeF

to JMikeF

Re: Video quality has been suffering lately too.

All the lobbying for little-watched fringe channels has caused Verizon to compress some channels to fit more.

incognito_2u
join:2005-03-15
Malverne, NY
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A
Arcadyan FiOS-E3200

incognito_2u

said by knarf829:

All the lobbying for little-watched fringe channels has caused Verizon to compress some channels to fit more.

Has this been confirmed?

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by incognito_2u:

Has this been confirmed?

Of course not, if facts were required we wouldn't have any forums....
knarf829

knarf829 to incognito_2u

to incognito_2u
said by incognito_2u:

said by knarf829:

Has this been confirmed?

»Re: October is here.. Are those dozen HD channels coming?!?!

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman to knarf829

Premium Member

to knarf829
said by knarf829:

"don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up."
knarf829

knarf829

said by miataman:

said by knarf829:

"don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up."

Perhaps you missed my link to the facts. You may avail yourself of it above.
nlk10010
join:2007-06-27
Great Neck, NY

1 edit

nlk10010

Well, I could link you to a page that said 2+2 = 4, it would have about the same relevance. Where exactly did Verizon say or imply that adding any of these would impact "quality"?

Regardless, if we didn't have a lot of crap channels already (.TV, sports, MTV, etc.) the additional, worthwhile channels requested would have no impact on quality.

I am also experiencing macroblocking and other issues on a number of channels (the Rainbow ones, of course, but also others like Discovery, ESPN, etc.). It just goes to show that FIOS can have all the potential for quality in the world but if the source material s***s then they'll look just like Cablevision, TWC, etc.
knarf829

knarf829

said by nlk10010:

Well, I could link you to a page that said 2+2 = 4, it would have about the same relevance. Where exactly did Verizon say or imply that adding any of these would impact "quality"?

Of course they're not going to say that, but they're sure not leaning on video quality in their advertising as heavily as they had been, either.

2+2 does, indeed, equal 4, and video quality has indeed started to suffer when the statmuxing began to take place.

It's nothing to get defensive over, just something to monitor.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy

said by knarf829:

they're sure not leaning on video quality in their advertising as heavily as they had been, either.

I noticed that as well...they used to always advertise about the best picture quality etc but now they are focusing on the fiber optic network and internet speeds