uniqs
Hooter
join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

2 edits

Hooter to Pesterd

to Pesterd

Re: [Extreme Plus] Rogers Ultimate 150 Mbps/10Mbps + Hitron CGN2

I think what technocar2 is saying is that he gets 70% off his Internet bill every month and then incurs the maximum $100 overage fee on top of that every month. By my calculation though that would come to $136.90 plus tax. (Ultimate = 122.99 - 70% = 36.90. Add in another $100 every month for overage.)
elconcho
join:2007-03-03
Toronto, ON

elconcho

So why are we bothering to use his calculation in the rest of our discussion? Is he just showing off at what an amazing discount he gets? The rest of us are looking at $223 / month for 150mbit unlimited--which is crazily expensive. This is the price that matters.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by elconcho:

The rest of us are looking at $223 / month for 150mbit unlimited--which is crazily expensive. This is the price that matters.

Thank you my friend. FINALLY the truth is revealed. This internet thing is a Rogers cash cow. The network was paid for by TV cable subscribers. 150/10 is worth $60/month if that. It sure don't cost anything with data bandwidth at 4 cents/GB Rogers cost and that was 4 years ago. Probably cost them 2 cents per now maybe...............
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2 to elconcho

to elconcho
said by elconcho:

The rest of us are looking at $223 / month for 150mbit unlimited--which is crazily expensive. This is the price that matters.

What's stopping you from getting this heck of a deal. Look around many people have this, I'm not the only one with this deal; some people even have 80% off. For the record its old Ultimate $107 - 70% = 32.10 plus $100 usage because $122.99 product code in not available in my area but they were able to push out the 150/10 cfg, so when the $122.99 becomes available then it will be $36.90 for the same 150/10. Still beats the indies and bell if you look at bytes for bytes.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

said by technocar2:

......Still beats the indies and bell if you look at bytes for bytes.

Agreed. But it's not worth anywhere near $122 to start with. If Rogers is going to give EVERYBODY 70-80% off why not do the right thing and just drop the everyday price to $60 like I've been saying for months now.....people still want value for their money.

At $60/mnth and 4 cents a GB Rogers cost that still leaves a tidy overhead for network maintenence and profit.....
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by elitefx:

said by technocar2:

......Still beats the indies and bell if you look at bytes for bytes.

Agreed. But it's not worth anywhere near $122 to start with. If Rogers is going to give EVERYBODY 70-80% off why not do the right thing and just drop the everyday price to $60 like I've been saying for months now.....people still want value for their money.

I agree rogers should do that but knowing rogers they would much rather milk $$$ out the internets from the masses and give generous discount to a very few who beg for it. What will be interesting is when my 2 years run out, will they give this deal again? Who knows but for the time being grab it while you still can!