how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

Newegg trying to make you buy rush processing?!

I put out an order on newegg for an Acer a700 (I checked online and the speed and heat issues are fixed on the jelly bean update) yesterday afternoon..

It's now today, and while in the past any order was charged pretty much instantly, this is still on 'order verification':

quote:
Status: Order Verification - Your order has been successfully submitted. Your credit/debit card has not yet been charged. Please allow 1-2 business days for your order to process.
That's nice newegg, only I checked my discover account and the money was already taken out.

And $349 is really nothing, I've bought thousands of dollars from newegg before...

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
kudos:2

Has the transaction been posted and cleared on your discover account? Or has it just shown up and is in processing?

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

Unless I'm missing something yes

I've used this exact same credit card before on Newegg and had it charged pretty much instantly. Waiting a day for them to say they charged it when they charged it before has made me wonder if they would've done differently if I clicked on the $2.99 rush processing button..

thegeek
Premium
right here

Yes, they will charge it instantly but it doesn't clear instantly. The charge will show up instantly because they are making sure there are sufficient funds available. The funds will be held until the order is cancelled, or until processing is complete and the charge clears. I've never used Discover but I'm sure it can't be too difficult to tell the difference between a pending charge and a posted charge.

If the charge has in fact been cleared and posted to your account and Newegg has yet to ship the item then they are practicing some dangerous accounting. If they were a publicly traded company this would be a clear SOX violation.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
reply to Metatron2008

Relax. You'll get your stuff. You sound like someone else here who was complaining about a chair.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

Well let's see here. I've bought from newegg since 2003, and this is the first time I've had anything like this happen.

People respond by asking me extremely obvious things, or trying to talk down on me like I don't know how things are sold and I think the sky is falling.

Unless you guys have bought from a company for 9 years and suddenly notice a difference, GTFO.

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

Here are my orders for 2003:

quote:
12/24/2003 $10.99
1 x AeroCool AeroFans-UV-BO-SV 80mm Frame-Blue/Blade Orange LED Case Fan

11/14/2003 Refund For Order #0 -$46.75
-1 x Open Box: ASUS A7N8X-X 462(A) NVIDIA nForce2 400 ATX AMD Motherboard

11/10/2003 $161.99
1 x PowerColor R96A-C3N Radeon 9600PRO 128MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card
1 x Newegg Black Baseball style hat with Stitched Newegg Logo on front and side

11/1/2003 $74.00
1 x ASUS A7N8X-X 462(A) NVIDIA nForce2 400 ATX AMD Motherboard

10/24/2003 $147.00
1 x Open Box: ASUS A7N8X-X 462(A) NVIDIA nForce2 400 ATX AMD Motherboard
1 x AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton 1.833GHz Socket A Processor AXDA2500BOX
Unless you guys have something useful to add GTFO.

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Metatron2008

said by Metatron2008:

Well let's see here. I've bought from newegg since 2003, and this is the first time I've had anything like this happen.

Shit happens. Deal with it.

What was the estimated delivery date?

Metatron2008
Premium
united state

said by Bob4:

said by Metatron2008:

Shit happens. Deal with it.

What was the estimated delivery date?

LOL. There's no estimated delivery date yet.

I googled the issue and apparantly a lot of people this year have had the same order verification issue with newegg. And here I am, wondering why I don't shop on newegg much anymore

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
reply to Metatron2008

Shakes head in disbelief.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to Metatron2008

said by Metatron2008:

That's nice newegg, only I checked my discover account and the money was already taken out.

I think what others are saying in a round about way is that what you are seeing with discover is simply a pre-authorization for the amount which does lower your available credit. This happens as soon as you click Submit on your order.

So, has the charge actually settled according to your discover card? I am not aware of any credit card that posts settled charges and payments on the weekend (you bought sunday afternoon). They all show pre-authorizations though, when they happen.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
reply to Metatron2008

Every time I've ordered from Newegg, I've gotten an estimated delivery date during the order process. It's usually the next day, since Newegg's warehouse is less than 20 miles from here.

Perhaps your item is not in stock?

thegeek
Premium
right here
reply to Metatron2008

said by Metatron2008:

Well for one, you should be asking Newegg what the problem is, not us. Also, since you have been a loyal customer for almost 10 years and this is your first bad experience I think you should calm down and give them the benefit of the doubt. 1 minor problem shouldn't erase close to 10 years of satisfactory service.

said by Metatron2008:

People respond by asking me extremely obvious things, or trying to talk down on me like I don't know how things are sold and I think the sky is falling.

Considering you don't seem to know the difference between a pending transaction and a cleared transaction it's no surprise you are going to get asked extremely obvious things. Your card had likely not been charged, only a hold placed on the account.

said by Metatron2008:

Unless you guys have bought from a company for 9 years and suddenly notice a difference, GTFO.

Why all the hostility? Don't be an asshole when people here are trying to help you, especially when helping you provides them no gain what so ever. You're not the only person to ever encounter a problem. Quit acting like you're special.

OHN

join:2003-02-05
Appleton, WI
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Great point. I hear this at work all the time.

"I have been a customer for over 20 years and never had an issue until now".

Instead of appreciating all the great service they had all this time, they focus on the most recent bad experiance.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Metatron2008

It could also be that they haven't processed your order due to others ahead of you over the weekend and those who did pay for the rush processing. That's why they paid for it is to be put ahead of you who didn't select that option.

Are they trying to make you buy it? No they are not. Your order still will be processed just not as fast as you want it. Just don't be surprised if it gets moved down the line for the ones who did pay for it. After all, that is why they paid for it. Also with the order being made on a Sunday, there is probably quite a bit of other orders from other people made ahead of you over the weekend.

I have ordered from many companies for many years and have seen many changes. Looks like I don't have to GTFO! (As if you had that kind of authority)
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

iMiKE23

join:2003-01-26
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Metatron2008

Sounds to me Metatron is experiencing first world problems.