spc
uniqs

Curious12
join:2012-10-01
Newport News, VA

Curious12 to Exodus

to Exodus

Re: [Classes] Monk Mistweaver

I am confused, if i macro all the heals i have and all i do is mouse over the player i want to heal , how does it know which macroed spell to use ? or do i click the spell icon and then mouse over the player i want to heal? sorry for being a scrub at this

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

I have my heals set up as `12345 and additional occasional abilities by pressing SHIFT and `12345. 1 is primary for me. All I do is hover my mouse over the player and press 1. There is no clicking that takes place, ever.

Curious12
Newport News, VA

Curious12

sweet !! i will try this out when i get home today !!
Havent pvped as a healer yet mainly coz m nervous of getting ganked like a 1000 times

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
discipline priests have atonement, which heals for a portion of the dmg dealt. That is why Smite and Holy Fire are on my primary bars, and why they use these macros. I was under the impression that some monk healing was the same way, so that's why I thought my input would be relevant here. Was I wrong?
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic

They can heal through emminence, which is similar to attonement. The deal with emminence healing is the abilities that trigger healing are melee, so I usually find my self just using my melee abilities which will auto target the boss. I heal with mouseovers, so I really never target anyone. I really dont use any macros similar to my smite/holyfire macros of my priest.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Curious12

Premium Member

to Curious12
said by Curious12:

sweet !! i will try this out when i get home today !!
Havent pvped as a healer yet mainly coz m nervous of getting ganked like a 1000 times

This setup isn't just for PVP. It's used in any function as a healer. PVP allows you to do it without getting yelled at. If you suck as a healer in Alterac Valley, no one notices. Try sucking at healing in a 5-man and see what happens.

Curious12
Newport News, VA

Curious12

true, i will try it out in alterac today, added bonus is its also the weekend bg

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Monks have the same thing. I don't like the mechanic. Leave the damage to the DPS and leave the healing to healers. If you're facerolling content, reduce the amount of healers you have and go forward. If you're trying to squeeze in some DPS during progression raids, you risk putting concentration on a boss fight, or chewing up a GCD when you need to react. You could also be letting your mana charge up during that time.

Basically, I'm sure you can get away with it, but it's so much hassle, it just doesn't seem worth it.

Monks do have the same thing. At the end, the only thing on my bars that'll do DPS is the one ranged ability and Spinning Crane Kick, although SPC heals and damages simultaneously and is a superior aoe heal.
Exodus

Exodus to Curious12

Premium Member

to Curious12
said by Curious12:

true, i will try it out in alterac today, added bonus is its also the weekend bg

Follow the action. Open up the scoreboard in AV and sort by Healing Done. If you can reach the #1 slot, you're ready for PVE healing with this setup. If you aren't, keep working on it.

Some key things is to experiment with the UI options. Make sure you darken the health bars of people who are out of range. It would suck if you were trying to heal someone who wasn't there because your UI wasn't setup right.

Curious12
Newport News, VA

Curious12

true, setting the UI options ia via the interface tab ?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

It's one of those options. I'm at work, so I can't verify.
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic to Exodus

to Exodus
I use dps in PVE and you Have to use it in PVP some to heal. I have my monk in full honor gear and few malevolent pcs, an d I feel like I have monk healing down pretty well in pvp. Coupled with the cc and manuverability monks are strong in BG, RBG and feel a little weak with the burst that exists in arena.

This weekend I joined a few trade pugs for some RBG's. Most people were like AMG EWW MONK HEALER.. then When BG's ended and I was doubling and tripling the other healers in group, people were complaing monks are unbalanced lols.

I utilize jab when I can in pvp and chiwave on cooldown, SPK is nice for BG's if your group is grouped up. I use blakout kick when my team is trying to burn someone down. Disarm is amazing! Also I forget the hamstring abilities name, but in pvp I spam the crap out of that when im healing, because the root is awesome and the fact that the hamstring doesnt need to be refreshed on a target so long as I am within 10 yrds of them when its about to expire. If people try to peel away a simple chi torpedo and I'm back on the offensive.

I love and hate paralysis, the short cooldown is awesome, the ease of having it broken blows..

All in all I am really liking the monk playstyle. I just need to find some serious pvpers(ie Im the only person in my guild that has played >2200 multiple seasons/classes). I don't think there are enoguh MW monks out there to really gauge how strong or weak they are in arena. I'l have to check the updated laeader boards when I get off work, After sorting out all the warrior hunter teams that probably make up the top 10000 teams maybe I can find a monk or 2 out there