uniqs
jcharr1
join:2007-05-16
Monterey, LA

jcharr1 to pdxsk

to pdxsk

Re: [Troubleshooting] MiFi 4620L Firmware Won't Update

said by pdxsk :

I posted a few weeks ago. Today, I have nine (9) more 4620L's to deploy in my organization. Now, when I try to do OTA update, in the admin pages and 'check for update', nothing comes up. The 3.20.03.01 doesn't show up. Maybe Verizon stopped trying to push it in preparation for a better, functional update?

The strange thing is I've noticed that the update has stopped showing up on one of our mifis but it still shows up on the other one.
jcharr1

jcharr1

Actually I have to take that back. Now neither of them are showing the update.

pdxsk
@auburnwa.gov

pdxsk

Anon

We're doing about 40 of these 4620L Mifi's at my company. I've been watching closely since my first post weeks ago. Last week, the update did show up...this week it does not.

I see Verizon still has the instructions on how to update to the 3.20.03.01 here: »support.verizonwireless. ··· 20l.html if you look at the "Software update instructions", you'll see them mention that firmware version exactly.
jb11464
join:2010-05-30
South Plainfield, NJ

jb11464

As an FYI, Novatel level 2 support said update will be out by month end, and the new version will be 3.20.03.10

Anon
@comcast.net

Anon to pdxsk

Anon

to pdxsk
Isn't that just the same exact thing we're all doing? OTA update basically?
jb11464
join:2010-05-30
South Plainfield, NJ

jb11464

yup. They are combining the original .01 upgrade which has the
problem, along with the upgrade which was to follow, hence the .10 version.

Holbrook
@embarqhsd.net

Holbrook

Anon

All good information that gives me hope. Neither Verizon nor Novatel support has even acknowledged my e-mail questions about port forwarding. They didn't happen to mention whether the extra .09 version points include a fix for that, did they?