It's temporary

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
reply to riekl

one thing to keep in mind they can make temporary repairs till say a dig crew/hang crew hangs a new line. That I don't condone at all. It's when the temp repairs have been there 6 months or more that I wouldn't mind asking questions about.

riekl

join:2000-06-01
Macomb, MI

They can not make temporary or permanant repairs on land that does not have an easement, period. The situation has been resolved, cables cut, ATT came and ran cable from a different pod so its no longer my problem.

tigerpaw509

join:2011-01-19
reply to riekl

Nothing gets done in 2 weeks.It may not cross the engineers desk
for weeks and actually drawing up a job,getting cable ordered and scheduling the work takes months.Add to that there are 1000's of
other jobs ahead of you.Heck there are temps out there from 10 years ago that have been re-temped 10 times over.

That aerial cable looks like self support air core from the 70's(the worst stuff) and you can bet every section is full of water and the sheath has turned to powered many years ago.

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to riekl

I've recently driven down streets where I still see "temps" I personally put up in the late 90's (I'm no longer with AT&T).

In the olden days, we would fill out a "plant card" and the boss would stick it in his file cabinet. When things were slow, instead of getting a log, you would get a bunch of plant cards. I can remember some of them being so old that the actual neighborhoods were gone (shopping malls), the originator was dead or long since retired, or construction had replaced the plant already.
"Squeaky wheel" jobs always get priority though (executive complaint or PUC complaint).
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Time Warner Cable

Thats bad... locally, [when I first moved to this area about 6 years ago].. I noticed that an At&t ped covered with a black garbage bag, and some black tape [possibly electric] used to hold it on.

I passed by it a few days go... it is still there! I didn't know temporary repairs could be almost permanent.. [I'm sure they used the bag to keep rain out of the ped.]