share rss forum feed

Sweet Witch
Be the flame, not the moth.
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-15
Gallifrey

[Misc] Remote?

Hi guys,

I inherited a remote along with my Panasonic GH2 but there are no instructions with it. I'm sure they came with it but who knows where they went.

I've never used a remote so I feel stupid asking this, but .... How do I use this thing?? What does "Lock" do? Will it override the timer to let me take longer shots?

Help!!!!
--
"While you can teach an old dog new tricks, you simply can't teach him to be a cat."

"Are you my Mummy?"

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.
kudos:1
take a photo of the remote, someone can probably identify it and you can get the pdf manual.

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
It's a Panasonic DMW-RSL1. There's no manual to download and Panasonic won't help for free.

Chuck22
Premium
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Sweet Witch
It's a remote shutter release switch/cable unit. Plugs into the camera. Pressing the button releases the shutter. It has a "lock" position which keeps the shutter activated (allowing multiple exposures). The main use is to be able to trigger the shutter without jarring the camera (such as when using a tripod). Also useful for remotely taking shots (getting yourself in the photo, etc.) (I used one when taking passport photo of myself.)
--
amicitia sine fraude

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
So does the lock mechanism keep the shutter open for star shots, etc? Right now I can only get it to 30 seconds though the manual says it should do up to 120 seconds. Will the remote force it past the 120 seconds or not?
--
"While you can teach an old dog new tricks, you simply can't teach him to be a cat."

"Are you my Mummy?"

b_p_smith
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Merrickville, ON
reply to Sweet Witch
Some camera models include blurbage in their own instruction manuals about the remote. I found one such mention at »www.flickr.com/photos/davidchinp···2836490/

Does your camera have a "Bulb" or "Burst" mode?

Brad.
--
Xplornet WiMAX -} Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running DD-WRT -} about 13 machines running everything you can think of.

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
reply to Sweet Witch
Attach it to the camera and try it then you will know.
--
Just another day in Paradise

badd
Premium
join:2001-10-04
De Queen, AR
reply to Sweet Witch
This should help you free download.
»camera.manualsonline.com/manuals···sl1.html
--
Just another day in Paradise

b_p_smith
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Merrickville, ON
If you click that link, you'll soon discover that it doesn't actually get you anywhere.

Chuck22
Premium
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to Sweet Witch
Click for full size
If this helps, here is a copy of the complete instructions from Panasonic for the DMW-RSL1 (Lumix) remote shutter release.
--
amicitia sine fraude

Sweet Witch
Premium,MVM
Gallifrey
Perfect

I figured it was that simple but you never know with all the chips in everything these days.