Search similar:

uniqs

Eddy Strong
join:2001-08-29
Naples, FL

1 edit

Eddy Strong

AC Adapter for a Canon MX700 MFP

Im looking for an AC Adapter for my Canon Multifunction printer MX700 which was working perfectly fine one day and would not power up the next. After unpluging it from the AC outlet and pluging it back in all I get is the power button lighting on for 2 seconds and shuting off right away. That led me to think the power adapter maybe being faulty.

I looked online for a replacement but all I got was one on ebay that costs almost as much as a whole new printer and another in Singapore that will cost more to get it shipped than what is worth!

Does anyone know a printer recycler that would sell for cheap?

Part no is Canon AC Adapter K30290
Also compatible with iP3500, iP4500, MP520 and MP610 printers

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

1 recommendation

aurgathor

Look at the voltage and amp ratings on the supply, and just get a generic power supply that has equivalent or better specs.

Eddy Strong
join:2001-08-29
Naples, FL

Eddy Strong

I wish it was that easy... It's actually built into the printer, but removable and at one end takes the AC power cord and at another corner has a power connector similar to a floppy disk molex plug.

Deff not the standard power brick that you're thinking off!

This is what it looks like... »www.comcentre.com.my/mbc ··· xsearch=

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Eddy Strong

to Eddy Strong
Hmmm, that's a somewhat uncommon looking PS, and it's $50 from eBay....

I'd say you have several options:
a) get a printer off of craigslist/goodwill/salvation army that has the same PS -- likely to be cheaper

but before doing much of anything w.r.t. acquisition:
b) do some cursory troubleshooting to make sure it's really the PS (you just need to measure voltages in 2 places)

if the PS is truly bad:
c) you may attempt to fix it
d) get a 24V and 32V supply and hook those up (you can just use a 32V supply and a 24V regulator)