Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
Nokia BGW320-505

odog to klsmith007

Premium Member

to klsmith007

Re: [CA] New Home Office Prof, slow 180Kbps download, 1700Kbps u

Fire off your modem MAC to me, I'll have a local CB person get in touch with you.

Those downstream levels are way out of whack. It looks like you're at an end of line tap from the rf level "signature", but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have good levels.
bchandler02
join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK

bchandler02 to klsmith007

to klsmith007
The upload is a hair low, but will most likely be fine. If everything is working, I'd leave it alone.
Worst case, if it becomes an issue, kick up to a slightly stronger attenuator - your downstreams will drop too but you have a few dB wiggle room there.

Glad to hear it was a simple fix and is done.
bchandler02

to klsmith007
Also glad to hear the tech properly adjusted signals with an attenuator. Some of the bad/lazy ones just use a splitter "because it does the same thing". I went through that with Cox last year and after 5 or 6 service calls finally got tired of it, ripped all their stuff out of the box, and wired it my way. Now my signals are perfect and service no longer drops every few hours.
klsmith007
join:2012-10-22
Encinitas, CA

klsmith007

Click for full size
Click for full size
bchandler02, I lied about the upstream signals. I was just recalling something the tech showed me on his meter. Here is a screen dump of them from just now...
klsmith007

klsmith007 to odog

to odog
With the screen dumps that I just posted, do you think my downstream levels are still bad?
lilstone87
join:2009-04-09
Chesapeake, VA

lilstone87

said by klsmith007:

With the screen dumps that I just posted, do you think my downstream levels are still bad?

No your signal levels are perfectly fine now, I am pretty sure odog See Profile was commenting on your previous signal levels, and missed reading your latest signal levels. Your level's are now fine, and shouldn't be a cause for any issue's.

odog
Minister of internet doohickies
Premium Member
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA

odog to klsmith007

Premium Member

to klsmith007
Nope, looks like I missed one of your posts! Glad everything worked out for you, and sorry for the hassle getting it setup correctly.
bchandler02
join:2011-07-08
Oklahoma City, OK

to klsmith007
Yep, your latest is about as close to perfect as you could get. Move away slowly and don't touch anything...

digiblur
Premium Member
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

digiblur to klsmith007

Premium Member

to klsmith007
Yep, nothing wrong with those. The most I can get on my modem is 36 and 37 SNR's with 3-4+ signals and 43-45 upstream. Two-way splitter at at the demarc, one leg goes straight to the cable modem.