dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« MehVoom channels »
This is a sub-selection from Your Bill will be going up...

TuxRaiderPen2
Make America Great Again
join:2009-09-19

TuxRaiderPen2 to verizonlteda

to verizonlteda

Re: Your Bill will be going up...

said by verizonlteda :
AMC doesn't suck i love that network. just because you think it sucks doesn't mean anything. and espn ? is great if you love sports and a lot of people do.
I agree with Rob...

It sucks..

No longer shows real movies, ie: 30-60's

Rubicon cancelled

Commercials

Dish should use the space for something more worth while than this crap.

Big whoop zombies...booooorrrriing...

Mad Men, good, but I can get the DVD sets and watch it a season at a time.

Breaking Bad.. meh... not my thing...

Hell on Wheels - same as Mad Men, good but boxed sets of seasons on BF .. CHEAP..

And espn can be sent to a pay tier any time.....

Not every one gives a hoot about sports.

Dish paid $700M for the spectrum (regardless of how the courts may be splitting the $$$, thats how Dish is looking at it) to add to the the spectrum they already have to either really build an MSS service or sell it to some one who will/try to for even more $$$$$$$$$.

Charlie just send the zombies packing for good! No loss what so ever.

digiblur
Premium Member
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

digiblur

Premium Member

News is kinda late eh?

Dish is just going to sit on the spectrum like they have been doing on their many other licenses.
tkdslr
join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr to TuxRaiderPen2

to TuxRaiderPen2
Considering that all 214 MVDSS licenses originally where sold(2 FCC auctions, 2004/05) for 137M$ it's not a particularly good deal..

TuxRaiderPen2
Make America Great Again
join:2009-09-19

TuxRaiderPen2

said by tkdslr:
Considering that all 214 MVDSS licenses originally where sold(2 FCC auctions, 2004/05) for 137M$ it's not a particularly good deal..
Depending on who you listen to this spectrum could be worth $$$ for use by cellular providers or wireless broad band.

Some think it worthless 8 years ago, today it could be worth less or more depending on who you want to believe...

Dish is betting on it being needed for either an MSS service or getting a waiver for a terrestrial based service, or a mix of both. MSS in areas they are too cheap to build towers, and terrestrial for more urbanized areas where tower sites exist and you lease space.. Crown Castle...
said by digiblur:
News is kinda late eh?

Dish is just going to sit on the spectrum like they have been doing on their many other licenses.
That may be true too.. but the spectrum could be used for a lot of things.... MSS is primary but it can still be used for MMDS and that could provide Dish with terrestrial back up for some limited offerings... lots of things mesh.. but I think every thinks that Dish is just going to sit on it.. but I doubt that for long. Auctioned spectrum has buildout requirements and there is only so many delaying tactics ie: requesting a waiver for non conforming use ie: terrrestrial v. MSS etc. you can do till the FCC says BUILD OR RELINQUISH.
« MehVoom channels »
This is a sub-selection from Your Bill will be going up...