Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS

Re: [TWC] Virtually All TWC Customers Face $3.95 Modem Rental Fe

quote:
The year is irrelevant. And 5Mb/s is an acceptable alternative to surrendering my first born son AND left nut for "blazing fast" cable Internet.
Actually its completely relevant. I’m an electronics geek and live for technology. I had 5Mb broadband back in 2005, if I still was at the speed I’d be appalled. As time goes by, things get bigger, faster, more stable and reliable, and I enjoy keeping up with the latest advancements in technology.
quote:
You are using them all at the same time?
I’d say at most 5-7 devices are using network resources on any given Sunday during football and the race. Right now two computers are in use, the Xbox is downloading updates, the DirecTV DVR is downloading Boardwalk Empire on HBO On Demand and I’m streaming Sirius XM from my tablet to the Jambox.

The faster downstream/upstream speeds are nice, especially when I was on vacation a few months ago. I used the backdoor way to stream TWC TV without having to be directly on your home network. Using Team Viewer to remote desktop into connect to my home computer and stream the TWC TV in the browser while I was in Ohio. Hooked my laptop up to the hotel TV via HDMI and it was just like I was at home. Between the nice wideband connection at home and being in a decent Sprint 4G area I was all set.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

1 recommendation

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Slingbox is better btw.

Hob

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 edit

NormanS to Happydude32

MVM

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

Actually its completely relevant. I’m an electronics geek and live for technology.

My condolences. I use technology, but I don't live for it. I have better things to do with my money.

Which reminds me; it is time to pick up 's PIECES2, which, oddly enough, costs the same as the difference between what I'd pay for "blazing fast" cable Internet from Comcast, and what I currently pay for my "tortoise slow" DSL from Sonic.net, LLC.

jig
join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA

jig to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
said by hobgoblin:

Slingbox is better btw.

Hob

you'd think that TW would just offer something similar to their users - built into the set top box if necessary, or just through a web connection tied to user MACs and an account password.

i'm sure there are contract issues, but i bet a license through sling would sort things out.