spc
uniqs

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain to kpossible

Anon

to kpossible

Re: Pixelation and Freezing has never been resolved

The fact that the problem apparently is system wide is concerning.

Too bad it isn't being addressed...hint...hint.

At some point for many subscribers the dollars saved with WOW won't be enough to compensate for poor quality.

ghgard
@wideopenwest.com

ghgard

Anon

I agree, AMC is one of the worst offenders, but I do notice it on almost all channels. We also get the periodic audio blip. I'm going to call support and see where it goes, I've only had the service two months and if it doesnt improve soon I may have to jump ship. BTW, Im in the Columbus OH area.
JohnBTCB
join:2012-10-20
Hilliard, OH

JohnBTCB

said by ghgard :

I agree, AMC is one of the worst offenders, but I do notice it on almost all channels. We also get the periodic audio blip. I'm going to call support and see where it goes, I've only had the service two months and if it doesnt improve soon I may have to jump ship. BTW, Im in the Columbus OH area.

Columbus here also and the audio blip or cut out is getting worse by the day. Happens on both on 8642HDC and 4642HDC boxes. I too am thinking of paying the higher prices to get a quality product.

kpossible
Premium Member
join:2003-09-11

kpossible

Premium Member

Now, in the Cleveland area, I was just told that the actual problems come from the content providers, not WOW. They said that what they're "passing along "(for lack of technical terminology) is not their fault. I guess that they have certain stations that are the primary culprits. Does that sound right? I don't know.

ghgard
@wideopenwest.com

ghgard

Anon

Doesnt seem likely, I just came from Time Warner and never noticed these issues and had DirecTV prior to that with no noticeable issues.

pixelsrus
@wideopenwest.com

pixelsrus to kpossible

Anon

to kpossible
I have pixelation right now in Fairview Park Ohio in the HD 200 -280 channel range.

south1178
Premium Member
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH

south1178

Premium Member

said by pixelsrus :

I have pixelation right now in Fairview Park Ohio in the HD 200 -280 channel range.

You have power? Most of us are still out.

Cable was in and out last night for me. (I'm using a Generator)

pixelsrus
@wideopenwest.com

pixelsrus

Anon

Yes, I didn't lose power until yesterday morning around 11 for a couple of hours. Thank goodness, that's been it. *fingers crossed*

kpossible
Premium Member
join:2003-09-11

kpossible

Premium Member

I see we're very lucky to have power too! So not to be a complainer, but still having the pixelation most channels. Not all of the time, but I see it every single day on some channel or another.