Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cordelia0704

join:2012-10-22
Little Falls, NJ
reply to Cordelia0704

Re: [OOL] Streaming to Xbox from PC over OOL Wireless Network -

I don't think the issue is my xbox, I think its optimum or the router or something

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 edit

I don't have an xbox, so I don't know if it's like the PS3 & PS2 were, but I had run into issues with DNS servers not being automatically obtained by the console from the router. If there were a problem with Optimum Online & Xbox, you can be sure that there would be a lot of people talking about it, not just you.

If you plug the Xbox directly into the modem, and reboot the modem, can you see if you can get online with the Xbox? If not, if you plug the router back in (again, rebooting the modem), and apply static DNS and/or IP settings to the Xbox, is it able to get online? You can copy the default gateway, subnet mask, and DNS servers from a connected PC, and assign a different IP address that is not used by any wired or wireless device.

edit: I misread, and thought you were talking about connecting to xbox live. My bad.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Cordelia0704

1. It has nothing to do with the OOL Network or anything they are doing since connecting your Xbox to your computer never connects to the OOL Network.

2. It could be the configuration of your router but if you can connect to the Internet with your Xbox and with the PC via the router it is less likely. If it is a configuration problem with the router, you will need to access the router's configuration pages.

Do you have a firewall on your computer?

Cordelia0704

Little Falls, NJ

I do have a firewall but I shut it off after reading one of the xbox help pages, it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I can get into my router via the browser, I just don't know what to do once I'm there.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA

Were you able to access Xbox live in step 2 of the first link I posted?

Cordelia0704

Little Falls, NJ

I can access xbox live and the internet. The xbox can't find my computer, and my computer can't find my xbox.

TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
Premium,MVM
East Stroudsburg, PA
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

I'll be busy until later today(after 6pm). At that point I will try and help if no one comes along before then. Until then you can try a couple of things,

If you have not, in media center go into settings and click add extender. See if that helps to set it up.

If that does not work, check the IP of the Xbox and try pinging it from the computer.
--
Warning, If you post nonsense and use misinformation and are here to argue based on those methods, you will be put on ignore.

Cordelia0704

Little Falls, NJ

I did try adding the extender in media center, which is how I know my computer can't find my xbox. I had like 12 different codes from trying so much, it never once detected it.

I will try to ping the box when I get home in an hour or so.

Don't think I've said it yet but I really do appreciate all the help trying to fix this frustrating issue!