spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

Gasoline Prices Below 99 Cents/Litre By Christmas

I just heard on the radio that analysts are saying that gas prices will drop dramatically and here in Ontario it will reach below the $1 a litre mark by Christmas. No wonder I saw a gas station today at 1.19 and dropping.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

It's *almost* cheaper to buy gas on the Canadian side of the border than in the US right now. If one takes into account the toll for the bridge if doing nothing in the US, it already is.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
Why is the price dropping
Supply exceeds demand or?

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
This will be very nice, gas here in Ottawa been around $1.17 to $1.20 since last Friday.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

Diesel price has not changed though...Has been in the low 1.20's for a month or more
djcake
join:2007-04-19
York, ON

djcake to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini
gas is at $1.15 at Weston rd. and the 401

off season
@videotron.ca

off season to Xstar_Lumini

Anon

to Xstar_Lumini
It will be back to 1.40$ in time for spring break, and construction vacation time. Don't you worry

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

1 edit

JC_

Premium Member

said by off season :

It will be back to 1.40$ in time for spring break, and construction vacation time. Don't you worry

Only in Quebec.

I'm not sure if anywhere in Ontario broke a $1.40 this summer.

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

Thingamajig

Premium Member

As high as 1.45 here in Vancouver.

rogelio
@rogers.com

rogelio

Anon

said by Thingamajig:

As high as 1.45 here in Vancouver.

why is it going down? is there a reason behind? ie: production or something?
GeoStar
join:2011-02-10
j2e6f5

GeoStar to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini

Less consumer panic ?
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini
The usual story repackaged

»www.680news.com/news/loc ··· -experts

Insert reason to keep gas prices high in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned) to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini
Current gas prices in HRM about 1.30 litre
»www.halifaxgasprices.com/
1 US gallon = 3.78 litres
3.78 x 1.30 = 4.91 US gallon

Current price in Bangor, Maine approx 3.60 US gallon
»www.mainegasprices.com/B ··· dex.aspx

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to koira

Premium Member

to koira
Winter is coming, and they don't need to make as much gas. Which is hilarious because last year the price was up because they needed to make "Winter gas".

»www.thestar.com/business ··· year-end

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

"Winter gas"? Is that the special gas that requires twice as much crude to withstand our harsh Canadian winters and properly ignite even below 0 degrees C?
vue666 (banned)
Let's make Canchat better!!!
join:2007-12-07

vue666 (banned)

I'm more concerned about winter price of home heating (furnace) oil...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

1 recommendation

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by vue666:

I'm more concerned about winter price of home heating (furnace) oil...

That's one of the things that's always bothered me.
We regulate the price of Natural Gas and Electricity, both essential as a home heating energy source. Yet Fuel Oil.. whatever the market will bear.
When I bought my house it had an oil burner,and the games these guys play is astounding.

You order on Wed and the price is say 50c/ltr,they deliver on Friday and the price went to say 54c/ltr. WTF, if I order something in a store and the prices goes up in the meantime, you don't pay the higher price. When I tried to tell them this,they didn't care.

What's even more fun is trying to get the oil pumped out back when you explicitly told them NOT to do automatic deliveries(I had plans to switch to NG the next summer). And of course the credit you get for pumping the oil out, doesn't match the price you paid putting it in.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
I've seen it as low as 113.9 on the way to work...
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Fuel Oil.. whatever the market will bear.

When I bought my house it had an oil burner,and the games these guys play is astounding.

You order on Wed and the price is say 50c/ltr,they deliver on Friday and the price went to say 54c/ltr.

Agree.

But I'd love to pay so little.

In central New Jersey, home heating oil is about $ 4.20 per gallon (US funds and US gallon). That's equivalent to US $ 1.09 per liter (not taking into account currency difference),

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

But you guys pay less for everything else, from food, to clothes, to tech. I'd love to switch all that just for heating oil!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

said by elwoodblues:

Fuel Oil.. whatever the market will bear.

You order on Wed and the price is say 50c/ltr,they deliver on Friday and the price went to say 54c/ltr.

Agree.

But I'd love to pay so little.

In central New Jersey, home heating oil is about $ 4.20 per gallon (US funds and US gallon). That's equivalent to US $ 1.09 per liter (not taking into account currency difference),

Look at you a wannabe Canadian learning the metric system.

I was just using a number,but IIRC I think I was paying 24c/ltr,but that was 13yrs ago.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to JC_

to JC_
said by JC_:

This will be very nice, gas here in Ottawa been around $1.17 to $1.20 since last Friday.

As low as $116.9/l here in midwestern Ontario.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

But you guys pay less for everything else, from food, to clothes, to tech. I'd love to switch all that just for heating oil!

There are quite a few things that are more expensive over in the US than in Canada. "Tech" for example. Americans end up coming over here to buy TVs as there are much better deals to be found. Same with computers.

Some stuff in the US is cheaper, but unless you're shopping for specific items it ends up being a wash.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I was going to say TECH can be cheaper up here. It was cheaper to my Kingston FB Dimms from Amazon, drive to the border and pay CBI then buy it up here.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
I never really looked at TVs, but electronics seem to be a lot cheaper on US websites whenever I look, even when adding shipping.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

I was going to say TECH can be cheaper up here. It was cheaper to my Kingston FB Dimms from Amazon, drive to the border and pay CBI then buy it up here.

Depends on the item. Some can be cheaper there, but not always, and often times it is nowhere even close to being a "lot" cheaper. A lot of times it's a wash, but TVs in particular are often cheaper in Canada, and when they're on sale the deals are greater.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Metric system was legalised in the US in 1866, one year before the formation of the Canadian confederation.
said by elwoodblues:

I was just using a number,but IIRC I think I was paying 24c/ltr,but that was 13yrs ago.

Yeah, Statscan quotes home heating oil in Toronto at $ 1.23 per liter last month, so cost is comparable to US.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
That was worth my drive, but using TV's when I bought my Sharp TV about 4yrs ago, I found a place in NY city, it was cheaper (again) to drive down, pay the Duty (I called Canada Customs to inquire as to the rate) , then to buy it up here.

I ended up getting a really sweet deal from Vision Electronics out West they were cheaper then anyone in the GTA.
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

said by elwoodblues:

Metric system was legalised in the US in 1866, one year before the formation of the Canadian confederation.

Really? Interesting fact! Yet here we are 146yrs later and America still uses the Standard system.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

It's their way of saying how much they miss being part of England, so they stick to imperial units as a momento.