Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2

Gasoline Prices Below 99 Cents/Litre By Christmas

I just heard on the radio that analysts are saying that gas prices will drop dramatically and here in Ontario it will reach below the $1 a litre mark by Christmas. No wonder I saw a gas station today at 1.19 and dropping.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

It's *almost* cheaper to buy gas on the Canadian side of the border than in the US right now. If one takes into account the toll for the bridge if doing nothing in the US, it already is.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Why is the price dropping
Supply exceeds demand or?

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:11
reply to Xstar_Lumini

This will be very nice, gas here in Ottawa been around $1.17 to $1.20 since last Friday.

BigSensFan
Premium
join:2003-07-16
Whitby, ON
kudos:1

Diesel price has not changed though...Has been in the low 1.20's for a month or more

djcake

join:2007-04-19
York, ON
reply to Xstar_Lumini

gas is at $1.15 at Weston rd. and the 401

off season

@videotron.ca
reply to Xstar_Lumini

It will be back to 1.40$ in time for spring break, and construction vacation time. Don't you worry

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:11
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit

said by off season :

It will be back to 1.40$ in time for spring break, and construction vacation time. Don't you worry

Only in Quebec.

I'm not sure if anywhere in Ontario broke a $1.40 this summer.

Thingamajig
Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

As high as 1.45 here in Vancouver.

rogelio

@rogers.com

said by Thingamajig:

As high as 1.45 here in Vancouver.

why is it going down? is there a reason behind? ie: production or something?

GeoStar

join:2011-02-10
j2e6f5
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Less consumer panic ?

Robrr

join:2008-04-19
Guelph, ON
reply to Xstar_Lumini

The usual story repackaged

»www.680news.com/news/local/artic···-experts

Insert reason to keep gas prices high in 5 ... 4 ... 3 ...

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Current gas prices in HRM about 1.30 litre
»www.halifaxgasprices.com/
1 US gallon = 3.78 litres
3.78 x 1.30 = 4.91 US gallon

Current price in Bangor, Maine approx 3.60 US gallon
»www.mainegasprices.com/Bangor/index.aspx

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to koira

Winter is coming, and they don't need to make as much gas. Which is hilarious because last year the price was up because they needed to make "Winter gas".

»www.thestar.com/business/article···year-end
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

"Winter gas"? Is that the special gas that requires twice as much crude to withstand our harsh Canadian winters and properly ignite even below 0 degrees C?

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS

I'm more concerned about winter price of home heating (furnace) oil...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

1 recommendation

said by vue666:

I'm more concerned about winter price of home heating (furnace) oil...

That's one of the things that's always bothered me.
We regulate the price of Natural Gas and Electricity, both essential as a home heating energy source. Yet Fuel Oil.. whatever the market will bear.
When I bought my house it had an oil burner,and the games these guys play is astounding.

You order on Wed and the price is say 50c/ltr,they deliver on Friday and the price went to say 54c/ltr. WTF, if I order something in a store and the prices goes up in the meantime, you don't pay the higher price. When I tried to tell them this,they didn't care.

What's even more fun is trying to get the oil pumped out back when you explicitly told them NOT to do automatic deliveries(I had plans to switch to NG the next summer). And of course the credit you get for pumping the oil out, doesn't match the price you paid putting it in.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to Xstar_Lumini

I've seen it as low as 113.9 on the way to work...

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

Fuel Oil.. whatever the market will bear.

When I bought my house it had an oil burner,and the games these guys play is astounding.

You order on Wed and the price is say 50c/ltr,they deliver on Friday and the price went to say 54c/ltr.

Agree.

But I'd love to pay so little.

In central New Jersey, home heating oil is about $ 4.20 per gallon (US funds and US gallon). That's equivalent to US $ 1.09 per liter (not taking into account currency difference),

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

But you guys pay less for everything else, from food, to clothes, to tech. I'd love to switch all that just for heating oil!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

said by elwoodblues:

Fuel Oil.. whatever the market will bear.

You order on Wed and the price is say 50c/ltr,they deliver on Friday and the price went to say 54c/ltr.

Agree.

But I'd love to pay so little.

In central New Jersey, home heating oil is about $ 4.20 per gallon (US funds and US gallon). That's equivalent to US $ 1.09 per liter (not taking into account currency difference),

Look at you a wannabe Canadian learning the metric system.

I was just using a number,but IIRC I think I was paying 24c/ltr,but that was 13yrs ago.
--

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
reply to JCohen

said by JCohen:

This will be very nice, gas here in Ottawa been around $1.17 to $1.20 since last Friday.

As low as $116.9/l here in midwestern Ontario.
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to ekster

said by ekster:

But you guys pay less for everything else, from food, to clothes, to tech. I'd love to switch all that just for heating oil!

There are quite a few things that are more expensive over in the US than in Canada. "Tech" for example. Americans end up coming over here to buy TVs as there are much better deals to be found. Same with computers.

Some stuff in the US is cheaper, but unless you're shopping for specific items it ends up being a wash.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in

I was going to say TECH can be cheaper up here. It was cheaper to my Kingston FB Dimms from Amazon, drive to the border and pay CBI then buy it up here.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC
reply to Gone

I never really looked at TVs, but electronics seem to be a lot cheaper on US websites whenever I look, even when adding shipping.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

I was going to say TECH can be cheaper up here. It was cheaper to my Kingston FB Dimms from Amazon, drive to the border and pay CBI then buy it up here.

Depends on the item. Some can be cheaper there, but not always, and often times it is nowhere even close to being a "lot" cheaper. A lot of times it's a wash, but TVs in particular are often cheaper in Canada, and when they're on sale the deals are greater.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

Metric system was legalised in the US in 1866, one year before the formation of the Canadian confederation.

said by elwoodblues:

I was just using a number,but IIRC I think I was paying 24c/ltr,but that was 13yrs ago.

Yeah, Statscan quotes home heating oil in Toronto at $ 1.23 per liter last month, so cost is comparable to US.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Gone

That was worth my drive, but using TV's when I bought my Sharp TV about 4yrs ago, I found a place in NY city, it was cheaper (again) to drive down, pay the Duty (I called Canada Customs to inquire as to the rate) , then to buy it up here.

I ended up getting a really sweet deal from Vision Electronics out West they were cheaper then anyone in the GTA.
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

said by elwoodblues:

Metric system was legalised in the US in 1866, one year before the formation of the Canadian confederation.

Really? Interesting fact! Yet here we are 146yrs later and America still uses the Standard system.
--

ekster
Hi there
Premium
Lachine, QC

It's their way of saying how much they miss being part of England, so they stick to imperial units as a momento.