uniqs
share rss forum feed

Warez_Zealot

join:2006-04-19
Vancouver
reply to Riplin

Re: Gasoline Prices Below 99 Cents/Litre By Christmas

said by Riplin:

4 hours 40mins to christmas and I filled up today at 127.9. So much for that sub 99c gas

You can toss "Analysts" in the same group as guys who hang around the horse stables at the race tracks trying to gather information to get an edge on the next race.

I know for a fact that no one predicted my company being bought out, and the next day it was announced the bottom feeders were hounding our company for info to see if a counter offer would be coming in from another buyer. Now apparently our company is the stock to watch for 2012.... (We're going private if this goes through.... lol)
--
"You're not supposed to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who says it."-Malcolm X

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to Riplin

said by Riplin:

4 hours 40mins to christmas and I filled up today at 127.9. So much for that sub 99c gas

98.9 here in Calgary.

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

My friend posted a pic of the pump in Lethbridge a week or so ago at 95.9. We're at about 119.9 here in Hamilton. I'm glad for that, but sub 1.00 would be nice.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
reply to Xstar_Lumini

$1.169 here in Kelowna for the past week or so.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

I saw 112 in Welland. Close but no cigar.

Prices have come down a lot in the US though from where when this discussion started, though. I would argue that prices *should* be lower up here, but the distributors are profit taking and not passing the savings on to us. No one should be surprised by that.

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

Its all about delivering increased (record) profits in order for the executive to make their bonus clauses.

Years (decades) of short sighted energy policy-making has allowed a few corporations a stranglehold on the domestic energy supply. If you were in a competition removed high profit/high volume business wouldn't you take advantage of your good fortune.

Wasn't Esso 2.2 billion in net profit 2011?
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
reply to Styvas

I did get gas for $1.12 last week, which is about $1.035 before the PST portion of HST. Under $1.00/litre if you exclude sales tax.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Kitlope

join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab
reply to Xstar_Lumini

95.9 here in Edmonton. Makes me wanna go for a long drive just to fill up at these prices!

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Montreal gas price: 132 cents. About the same as when this thread started.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

And the games begin anew, prices for gas are expected to be very high cone the new year? Why you ask? Something blow up? Another could be, maybe crisis in the middle east? Nope this time the excuse is the "fiscal cliff" the Yanks will encounter.

Guess some execs are concerned about being dinged for more taxes and decided to fatten the paycheque to compensate.

Fucken thieves is what comes together to mind.

»www.thestar.com/news/gta/article···ar-s-day
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Riplin

join:2002-05-13
canada
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

but the distributors are profit taking and not passing the savings on to us. No one should be surprised by that.

I thought it was the refiners taking extra profits. In any event it should be illegal and I hope it comes back to bite them

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3

113.9 in Kanata this morning.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Grabbed tankful in Beaverton yesterday at $1.12/L.

This morning in Kitchener it was $1.20/L.

I'd be happy to see $1/L

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC

It won't happen. Here's one reason: »edition.cnn.com/2012/12/30/busin···t=imi_c2

I thought they said they were happy with $80/ BBL?
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

Kitlope

join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab
reply to Xstar_Lumini

I read that it was 89.9 in Edmonton but on my short drive this morning saw it at 94.9

I know we generally pay the lowest fuel prices in the country so I'm going to enjoy these prices while they last.

vue666
I love Lanny Barbie
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to Xstar_Lumini

$1.29 in HRM...

»www.halifaxgasprices.com/

Looks like Washington and other US states are considering a tax on electric vehicles since they do not purchase gas thereby avoiding the gas tax which goes to roads & highway maintenance...

»insideevs.com/seattle-and-state-···st-2013/

I believe over time this electric tax will increase from the yearly $100...

JBear

join:2005-02-24
canada
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Now 92.9 here in Edmonton.

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

$1.20 today in Ottawa but I paid $1.14 in Gananoque yesterday.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Still $1.36 in Montreal. About the same price as in October when this silly prediction was made.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Paid $3.65/gal in Vermont tonight while I was on my way home from Stowe.

The BS part about the price is that it didn't change once over the 4 days that I was down in Vermont and yet up here the price changes multiple times per day.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

If anything, American prices have even gone down despite the prices spiking here on the Canadian side. It's roughly $3.70/gallon in Buffalo and has been in that same range since the middle of December.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Paid 115.9 today in Ottawa.

JBear

join:2005-02-24
canada
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Prices here in Edmonton are down under 90 cents!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to Xstar_Lumini

it's been sticking in the $1.20-$1.25 range for weeks in Toronto.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC

It's been constantly jumping from $1.25 to $1.40 in Montreal. :\

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

$1.15 to $1.18 In peterpatch

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC

It's been $1.139 here for about a week now, although Kamloops is 1.019. What a rip-off...

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by Juggernaut:

It's been $1.139 here for about a week now, although Kamloops is 1.019. What a rip-off...

Does Kamloops have a gas war going on? When I drove through on my way to Calgary last July I noticed their gas was the cheapest on the entire drive.

Here in Victoria we had a gas war going on when Costco built their gas station. It went below a dollar last year, but the war has no subsided, and Costco has given up trying to underprice everyone

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC

No gas war there that I know of. It is usually a dime per liter cheaper, and has been for as long as I can remember. Kelowna stations keep the prices jacked. Just noticed on Gas Buddy, prices have started to go down to 1.119 here.

Good to hear competition is keeping your prices low!
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

micron006

@queensu.ca
reply to Xstar_Lumini

It's been $1.12 here in Kingston since yesterday..down from $1.16 for the past week or so.