Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
reply to Kitlope

Re: Gasoline Prices Below 99 Cents/Litre By Christmas

I seem to detect the pervasive odour of an imbecilic boor in this thread...

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON
reply to Xstar_Lumini

looooool

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Kitlope

said by Kitlope:

Jumped here the last couple days by about 8 cents, now at 97.9. WTF, did an Algerian refinery in the middle of nowhere that contributes a lot of fuck all get the speculators frothing?

Oh no, 8 cents! At least you're still paying under $1/L.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Kitlope

said by Kitlope:

Jumped here the last couple days by about 8 cents, now at 97.9. WTF, did an Algerian refinery in the middle of nowhere that contributes a lot of fuck all get the speculators frothing?

Because they can....
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to Xstar_Lumini

Click for full size

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

wow...they've got pretty fancy signs down in Fort Erie.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

If you knew what Tops was you'd know that photo was not taken in Fort Erie.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

i assume it is in Buffalo then??...they advertise by the litre there??...i'm surprised they are allowed to do that.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Some stations do both, this happens to be one of them. It's still sold by the gallon.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

ah...so the sign is just to "break it down" for Canadians...makes sense then.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

Some stations do both, this happens to be one of them. It's still sold by the gallon.

its marked unleaded, do they still sell leaded gas there too ?

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to dirtyjeffer

Every Tops station I've been to has the price shown in litres. I often wonder if it is their corporate policy or something like that.

While not having a gas bar, the Wegmans in the Black Rock neighbourhood of Buffalo has large pictures on the outside as you're walking toward the door. One of them is of the old Black Rock train station from the 1940s right before the International Bridge. It has a large Canadian Coat of Arms on it, not only because it was the last stop before Canada but because CN also owned the station and the tracks You can see the photo here: »buffaloah.com/h/br/proj/3/jpegs/···0ppt.jpg

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to koira

said by koira:

its marked unleaded, do they still sell leaded gas there too ?

Americans stopped selling leaded gasoline before Canada did.

Australia still sell it, if anyone cares.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium

well 100 LL av gas is leaded, is your tops at the airport

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Gone

said by Gone:

Every Tops station I've been to has the price shown in litres. I often wonder if it is their corporate policy or something like that.

Not every Tops has gas stations so I can't say, but once you get into Rochester or Springville in the other direction, I've never see liters. It seems more like a promity to the border thing.

I'm more of a Wegmans man myself anyhow, even have a shopper's club card!

I usually zip over to Military road to grab some cheap groceries and fill up my tank since it's about $10 less to fill my tank with 89 in USA than it is in Canada and I usually save about $20 on certain groceries, so I figure it's worth my while.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

said by urbanriot:

Not every Tops has gas stations so I can't say, but once you get into Rochester or Springville in the other direction, I've never see liters. It seems more like a promity to the border thing.

I've never bought gas at Tops out in Rochester so I wouldn't know. I know they all have those red signs in up this way, though.

If you want cheap gas on the way to Rochester, hop off the Thruway at Exit 48A and go to either one of the truck stops to the left or right of the ramp. I usually go to the TA to the left. It's sometimes cheaper there by even 20 cents/gallon than what you'll find at the travel centres. It can be annoying to have to get out change and pay for the tolls if you don't have E-ZPass, but with it (like I do) it's far cheaper. E-ZPass is free to sign up for, if you use the Thruway or the Peace Bridge even a couple of times a year it's worth it.

said by urbanriot:

I'm more of a Wegmans man myself anyhow, even have a shopper's club card!

I usually zip over to Military road to grab some cheap groceries and fill up my tank since it's about $10 less to fill my tank with 89 in USA than it is in Canada and I usually save about $20 on certain groceries, so I figure it's worth my while.

Haha, yeah I mostly go to Wegmans and have a Shoppers Club Card, too. Was even there earlier today. Milk, cheese and eggs are so much cheaper. We always go to the Wegmans on Amherst in Buffalo. It's a nice store. There are plenty of Tops locations that are closer but in comparison to Wegmans they're old and depressing (and in the case of the one on Niagara Street where I buy gas, outright creepy at times).

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON
reply to koira

said by koira:

Why would I be filling up an automobile at an aerodrome?

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by Gone:

said by koira:

Why would I be filling up an automobile at an aerodrome?

i dunno, youre the man with all the answers. why does the sign say no lead, ya go to an automotive gas station its all no lead these days. Gas or diesel but no lead.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

Send an email to Tops corporate if you want an answer. It's their sign, not mine. The comment form is here.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium

Thanks, i might just do that.

Gone
Premium
Fort Erie, ON

You're welcome

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Back to $1.15 again. Why?

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

$1.23 in Ottawa tonight.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

filled up tonight for $1.20/litre.

plumerya

join:2004-08-20
Montreal, QC
reply to Xstar_Lumini

back to 1.41 in Montreal

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Xstar_Lumini

This is the fascinating part, Alison Redford goes on TV crying oil prices are depressed, revenue is down.

The Americans are well on their way to becoming self sufficient in oil.

What does Canada do? Lets build a pipeline to export more to Asia, while the eastern part of Canada imports much more expensive Brent Crude.

Why not send the oil to us in the east instead? Talk about a failed economic policy.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Robrr

join:2008-04-19
Guelph, ON

TransCanada Pipeline has been pondering converting an existing pipeline for a while now to ship Alberta oil to Eastern Canada.

In fact there was a story in the news just yesterday of NB Premier David Alward heading to Alberta next month to push for the pipeline

»www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol···7901308/

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
reply to dirtyjeffer

It was $1.26 this morning in Ottawa.

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Up to 1.21 again.

dirtyjeffer
Premium
London, ON

i saw it at 127 here in London yesterday...we never got any "sub dollar" gas.