uniqs
Riplin
join:2002-05-13
canada

Riplin to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini

Re: Gasoline Prices Below 99 Cents/Litre By Christmas

»www.montrealgazette.com/ ··· ory.html

wtf? Ok am I the only one missing something here?

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium Member
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Don't worry, it's just lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Mike2009
join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON

Mike2009

It was $1.338 in Ottawa this morning.

jmacd27
Premium Member
join:2001-05-13
Toronto, ON

jmacd27 to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
With the constant $1.20 + prices we are finally ditching our Expedition and getting a Ford Edge in March that has better mileage. We don't do a lot of miles but it will be nice to have a smaller gas bill every month regardless.

It costs $117.00 to fill the Expedition verses $87 to fill the Edge, and the tank will last 30% further.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

$1.299 here, and as high as $1.319.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

$1.29.9 here too..............just filled up both trucks last week.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Aren't we in the same city?

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

lol...........Lake Country [Winfield]

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Ahh. Yea, we're close. Funny, in Vernon it's $1.229. Bastages.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Vernon is always cheaper and Kamloops cheaper still..........don't understand how that works.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

I know. Kamloops is usually at least 10 cents cheaper. Kelowna and surrounding areas seem to love to gouge.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

It's the tourist factor.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

You mean our gas would be cheaper if we barred all Albertans from B.C.?

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by ZZZZZZZ:

You mean our gas would be cheaper if we barred all Albertans from B.C.?

Briefly, until the economy tanked for lack of tourist dollars and they jacked the price up to cover the loss of revenue.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

We can't win.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
said by shaner:

It's the tourist factor.

Maybe to a degree, but there aren't that many tourists here at any given time. If that were the case, Vernon would have the same prices with people going to Silver Star to ski.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to ZZZZZZZ

Mod

to ZZZZZZZ
said by ZZZZZZZ:

We can't win.

Somewhere, there is a petroleum company executive rubbing his hands together with glee and exclaiming in a Mr Burns-type voice:

"Eeeeexcelent - they have admitted defeat and we are now the masters. In celebration, jack up the prices on gas, coffee, smokes, windshield washer fluid and compressed air. I have a payment coming due on my jet.

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut

Premium Member

Hell, they do that anyway here.

Hosedagain
@rogers.com

Hosedagain

Anon

Someone on BNN saod the price of gas is going to $1.50 a liter this summer, why, refineries shutting down production in the U.S.
Expand your moderator at work

Juggernaut
Premium Member
Kelowna, BC

Juggernaut to Hosedagain

Premium Member

to Hosedagain

Yea, that'll perk the economy right up...

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Hosedagain

Premium Member

to Hosedagain
said by Hosedagain :

Someone on BNN saod the price of gas is going to $1.50 a liter this summer, why, refineries shutting down production in the U.S.

They've said the same thing every year for the past six years. It hasn't happened.
Expand your moderator at work

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

1 recommendation

dirtyjeffer0 to jmacd27

Premium Member

to jmacd27

said by jmacd27:

With the constant $1.20 + prices we are finally ditching our Expedition and getting a Ford Edge in March that has better mileage. We don't do a lot of miles but it will be nice to have a smaller gas bill every month regardless.

It costs $117.00 to fill the Expedition verses $87 to fill the Edge, and the tank will last 30% further.

unless you really need a new vehicle, i'm not sure i'd bother doing that...just drive better...spending $30k+ on a new vehicle to save $30 in gas doesn't really make sense.

I_H8_Spam
join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON

I_H8_Spam to Gone

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by Hosedagain :

They've said the same thing every year for the past six years. It hasn't happened.

That the wishful thinking of the "reporters" who happened to be speculating on their own future purchases.

I've noticed prices are getting higher in the states, 5% here, 10% there, fuel costs higher. You squeeze hard enough and it's 2008 again.

jmacd27
Premium Member
join:2001-05-13
Toronto, ON

jmacd27 to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by jmacd27:

unless you really need a new vehicle, i'm not sure i'd bother doing that...just drive better...spending $30k+ on a new vehicle to save $30 in gas doesn't really make sense.

It does if the current 2000 Expedition will require repairs that are higher than the value of the truck . We have been planning on buying a smaller vehicle regardless since we moved back to Toronto from Florida.
The continual high price of gas and the recent need to decide if we make some repairs/maintenance made the choice easier.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by Hosedagain :

Premium tipped the scaled at 150.9c/L here....so...I guess for regular, it can't be that far off...we'll call it 12cents....

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

You guys in Northern Ontario don't matter when it comes to price benchmarks.
Robrr
join:2008-04-19

Robrr to I_H8_Spam

to I_H8_Spam
said by I_H8_Spam:

I've noticed prices are getting higher in the states, 5% here, 10% there, fuel costs higher. You squeeze hard enough and it's 2008 again.

Personally, my gut says we are heading for a repeat of 2008. It is just a matter of when.

Hydraglass
Premium Member
join:2002-05-08

Hydraglass to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by jmacd27:

This was essentially what I did - my savings in gas actually pay my car payment. I switched from a Silverado 1500 with a 100L tank that cost $125 to fill and would take me 530km on that much fuel (if I drove very conservatively) to my Sorento that has a 60L tank and takes $75 to fill and I go 660 km on that same tank. I drive 260km/day round trip to work. One month = 5200km. My old fuel cost was $1250/mo. My new fuel cost is $600/mo. My car payment is $600/mo for 48 months. I'm still $50/mo ahead (my car ins. was a wipe - same exact cost) and I'm driving a new car. 2 years now with the Sorento as of next week - 120,000 km so far - so good (and that would have had my Silverado up to 320,000km at this point - probably near dead).