Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

analog andy

join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC
reply to Juggernaut

Re: Gasoline Prices 30% above 2008 prices

I noticed the prices don't go up on long weekends anymore they go WAY up sometime at night and in the AM or the day after the long weekend.You know hen people need to fill up for work.

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4
reply to Guspaz

Re: Gasoline Prices Below 99 Cents/Litre By Christmas

said by Guspaz:

Montreal hit about $1.50 not long ago, although it's back down now to about $1.41.

Still laughing at the "99 cents per litre by christmas" silliness.

Then it's time to change the thread title.....

Gasoline Prices Below 199 Cents/Litre By Christmas??

Thingamajig
Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.
reply to Xstar_Lumini
Graph from gasbuddy.com

US gas up 14.6 cents a gallon in the past year.
CDN gas price up 12.76 cents a LITER in past year.

one US gallon = 3.785 liters.

US users experience a 14.6 cents a gallon increase. Canadian users experience a 48.2 cents a gallon increase.
How can that be? *bends over again*
--
Some hero's wear capes, mine wear combat boots.

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
reply to analog andy

said by analog andy:

I noticed the prices don't go up on long weekends anymore they go WAY up sometime at night and in the AM or the day after the long weekend.You know hen people need to fill up for work.

Here, they'll go up and week before a long weekend, and then down maybe in a week or so.

Sounds like the LMA is doing what Ontario does now. Damn crooks is all I can say.
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

analog andy

join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC
said by Juggernaut:

said by analog andy:

Here, they'll go up and week before a long weekend, and then down maybe in a week or so.

Sounds like the LMA is doing what Ontario does now. Damn crooks is all I can say.

I've noticed at least a $.10 increase in those times. So they got smarter when people started talking online about long weekend gas prices and they changed their methods. I know several years back there was backlash thanks to internet forums about gas prices on long weekends.

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
As much as I hate to say it, the rest of the country needs to do it like *wince* Quebec. Prices set once a week. Period. Stop the gouging, FFS!

Thingamajig
Premium
join:2004-11-03
B.C.
reply to Juggernaut
Here in Langley they've just opened a Costco gas station. When its open the locals compete, as soon as they close the doors at night the prices jump!

I did the fill up in Blaine Washington last Thursday in my 2011 Ram1500 - $117 USD to fill my truck @ 4.07 a gallon. It would have cost me $158.45 locally. A savings of $41.
--
Some hero's wear capes, mine wear combat boots.

Juggernaut
Premium
Kelowna, BC
Good for you. I wish we had a Costco station here. No room in the lot though. I've asked, no begged... for them to kick some Kelowna ass on pricing.
--
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." ~ Albert Einstein

shaner
Premium
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB
reply to DanteX

said by DanteX:

So its a communistic tactic if Canada does it but if the arabs do it its ok?

Don't shoot the messenger. Hugo Chavez did it in Venezuela, therefore it's communist.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Juggernaut

said by Juggernaut:

As much as I hate to say it, the rest of the country needs to do it like *wince* Quebec. Prices set once a week. Period. Stop the gouging, FFS!

I'm pretty sure that's in one of the Atlantic provinces, not Quebec. They don't get better prices either. Just "stability".
--
Start Communications Forum

LastDon

join:2002-08-13
reply to Xstar_Lumini

Someone please tell me why we still pay more than the USA for gas?

I was in port huron today.. filled up at 3.58$ so that makes it what? 94.7cents a Litre? since the US gallon is 3.78
Expand your moderator at work

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to LastDon

said by LastDon:

Someone please tell me why we still pay more than the USA for gas?

I was in port huron today.. filled up at 3.58$ so that makes it what? 94.7cents a Litre? since the US gallon is 3.78

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=gollGYob57M

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to LastDon
Taxes. Our gas works out to 90 cent per litre (Canadian) if you minus HST (1.30/1.13) and minus the 24.7 cents per litre (Ontario) for Federal and Provincial tax. That's about 86 cents per litre USD. Or about $3.25 USD / US gallon. You work in the 19 cents per gallon gas tax in Michigan, that works out to $3.39/US gallon in the US before taxes (in MI). Work that out, excluding taxes, we're paying about 3.5 cents *less* per litre. Of course, if you're paying $1.34 per litre, you are paying more than them before taxes.

Just saying, we pay more because our government stiffs us to the tune of about 45 cents per litre, or $1.50/gallon MORE (in taxes!!!) than what most Americans pay.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Xstar_Lumini
Found an interesting article in the G&M about how these pipelines that keep being bantered about won't help gas prices.

Alberta is crying that they get $40/bbl less then the WTI price, which of course only helps the refiners in the US.

In fact they are saying that if (for example) Keystone gets built it will result in higher gas prices, since the "discount" the refiners are now getting will be gone.

A surplus of oil in North America means crude prices in Canada and the U.S. have been trading well below world prices. While the energy industry had to accept getting short-changed for a while, it hasn’t sat on its hands. It began putting hundreds of thousands of barrels a day on rail cars, while also turning around pipeline projects in Texas and the Midwest. That’s helped to alleviate the glut of oil responsible for the gap between the price of North American barrels and those elsewhere. Domestic oil prices are now much closer to those in the rest of the world. As more pipelines are built to take oil to a coast, North American prices will continue to merge with global oil markets.
But that price convergence also means Canadians will pay that much more every time they fill up their cars. Make no mistake about it, as more Alberta oil ends up on the high seas, the more Canadian oil prices will mirror the higher prices paid in the rest of the world. When the price of oil rises, clearly, the cost of gas at your neighbourhood station goes up as well.

»www.theglobeandmail.com/report-o···3837648/
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Doonz

join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB
Yeah G&M probably shouldnt write about anything to do with oil....

The gas that canada imports is brought in at market price... nothing to do with wti index

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
I don't buy that, right now Oil is going up in price, by the speculators because their might be a war in Syria. And consequently the price of gas has sky-rocketed.

No matter how it's traded, Oil is the raw material involved in making gasoline,just because the aholes on wall street have decided that gas can be speculated on too doesn't mean the article is wrong.

Oooh what if Iran gets involved, oooh what if the Suez Canal gets block oooh what if... quick jack up the price.

Oh wait.. a oil rig worker caught a cold, he's off today, they'll pump 10 BBL less ,.. quick raise the price

Give me a break, it's speculation and it should be illegal period!! They've just found a new way to cripple the world now that the credit default swaps have been played out.

--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......