spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

isamu99

join:2004-03-10
Los Angeles, CA

Possible to send a fax through TWC digital cable modem?

Hi. I just bought a new all-in-one printer/scanner/fax machine from HP. The fax machine is a typical analog telephone line fax machine, and does not support digital or ifax/VOIPfax. So I was wondering, can I connect it to my Time Warner Cable digital phone modem and send faxes the normal way? We only have digital phone service and no analog telephone lines, but our household phones work with it just fine.

ds5v50

join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

In my area yes. I have done it several times in the past.

thorin

join:2007-11-08
Liberty, MO
reply to isamu99

it normally works fine with newer generations of fax machines, sometimes you need to turn down the transmission rate if you have a lot of failures.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
reply to isamu99

Yes, I've sent faxes through windows XP/W7.

Dampier
Phillip M Dampier

join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY
reply to isamu99

It works fine for me with a fax machine capable of 14.4. If it is going to fail, it is usually at the end of one page before starting the next.

isamu99

join:2004-03-10
Los Angeles, CA
reply to isamu99

thanks guys. I tried it today it worked

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
reply to isamu99

I send and receive faxes all the time.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
reply to isamu99

»www.timewarnercable.com/en/searc···+machine

hawk82

join:2001-04-26
centralmaine
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to isamu99

I had a business client who switched from a POTS line to Roadrunner Biz Internet w/ Digital Phone service. I could not get his fax modem working acceptably with RR. Line drops, half pages, garbled pages, both receiving and sending. Maybe 20% of the faxes sent/received correctly. I tried all kinds of settings, swapped fax modem, etc to get faxing to work somewhat reliably but couldn't. RR Biz Tech Support said on several occasions that faxing was not supported. Eventually the client gave up and switched back to the POTS line for faxing. Problem went away once back on a POTS line.

Strangely I have a couple other business customers that can fax (send and receive) properly 98% of the time.