share rss forum feed

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

2 edits
reply to technocar2

Re: New Rogers Ultimate Rollout

You fellas are going to have to slow down and read these posts in more detail. I specifically referenced "DEALS" to reply to...

said by technocar2:

Rogers at the moment has the best deals hands down.....

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to yyzlhr

said by yyzlhr:

said by bt:

I call it "more widely available". Most of Rogers territory is still limited to 2Mbps up (at most).

Bell's 25/10, isn't necessarily widely available either.

More available than Rogers 150/10 is at the moment.

I expect Rogers will be done upgrading their entire network for 150/10 before Bell is done upgrading theirs for 25/10, though.

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
reply to Buddha2oo9

Just wondering... Is there an in between Internet package, between 150/10, and 32/1? I hear that Start will offer 50 or 75mbps download in the future but if it's not available on Rogers retail, how is it available for IISPs that are using APOI?

bt

canada

Officially, it's 150/10 "in select areas" and 75/2 everywhere else (for $100 instead of $123). 75/2 is tariffed, I don't think 150/10 is yet.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
reply to geokilla

said by geokilla:

Just wondering... Is there an in between Internet package, between 150/10, and 32/1? I hear that Start will offer 50 or 75mbps download in the future .......

Bell has 50/50 250GB $79.95 So much for Rogers broadband being faster..............

bt

canada

said by elitefx:

Bell has 50/50 250GB $79.95 So much for Rogers broadband being faster..............

Yeah, in the very limited FTTH areas.

Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

said by geokilla:

Just wondering... Is there an in between Internet package, between 150/10, and 32/1? I hear that Start will offer 50 or 75mbps download in the future .......

What bt said; I've checked several areas, and 50/50 is available in a very very small footprint. At least the majority of Rogers packages (if not all right now) are available in every area Rogers reaches.

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

said by geokilla:

Also try $83.95 unbundled. And Rogers still is the fastest on the downstream. Rogers offers 75mbps down in its entire footprint. Bell's top speed that is kind of widely available is 25mbps and there are still large portions of its footprint where 25mbps isn't available.

bt

canada
reply to Anzio

said by Anzio:

At least the majority of Rogers packages (if not all right now) are available in every area Rogers reaches.

"New" Ultimate (150/10) isn't, but "Old" Ultimate (75/2) is.

dan mackay

join:2008-10-11
Barrie, ON
reply to Buddha2oo9

plus, you only get the full 10 Mbit upload if your close enough to a remote with bell, and have a perfect line

bt

canada

Around here, at least, the new remotes are densely packed enough that you're likely to do well on distance.

Buddha2oo9

join:2009-05-05
reply to Buddha2oo9

OK .. so I got upgraded to 150 /10 with the discount I negotiated. Here are some thoughts:

1. If it wasn't available 2 weeks ago, call them back, I've been on this service for a full week now and I live in Mississauga near Square One.

2. If you're on 72 / 2 and you don't care for the upload speed difference. Save your time and money. Some aspects of this upgrade are severely noticeable, but others aren't. That may change as people's website infrastructures change; but regardless, even for heavy media consumption, the upgrade isn't as "great". Besides speedtest.net, I almost NEVER hit the 150mbit speed cap.

3. If you're needing upload, this is the plan to get (if you can't get at least 50 / 50 Bell Fibe in your area- which seems to be a LOT of people).

Regarding the discount, there was a thread on dslreports about people getting a 80% discount on their internet services. I wasn't that lucky, however, I'm not complaining at the 70% off I'm getting. (better than paying full). It ONLY covers the internet plan, NOT the overage. AND for those who weren't aware, the overage doesn't cap out at $50 on this plan, it caps out at $100. So the highest I'll ever pay is $100 + my 70% discounted plan for "uncapped" decent upload and fast download speeds.

I could complain about the lack of more than 10mbit, but I'm glad I'm not stuck on 2mbit anymore. Has made my work life a sh!t-ton easier.

Steve Jobs
American living in Canada
Premium
join:2002-06-23
canada
reply to Buddha2oo9

I currently have the "old" Ultimate. Will I be upgraded to the new one at some point?

bt

canada
reply to Buddha2oo9

said by Buddha2oo9:

the overage doesn't cap out at $50 on this plan, it caps out at $100

All cable plans are $100 overage now.

bt

canada
reply to Steve Jobs

said by Steve Jobs:

I currently have the "old" Ultimate. Will I be upgraded to the new one at some point?

No, there's a price difference so no automatic upgrade.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Buddha2oo9

said by Buddha2oo9:

Does anybody have any idea of the time frame for when they're expanding the availability of this service? I'm in Mississauga and searching has yielded no results, and customer service has no answers.

If anybody has ANY idea it'd be great to know!

I got the notice about that October 30th, so not exactly sure what that means...

--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein