uniqs
share rss forum feed

machpost

join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC
reply to shadyman777

Re: [TiVo] Beta Test Time... New 22.X Release

said by shadyman777:

Remote shows in HD: I thought this was always available streaming to my preview from my Q. Am I missing something here? Is this stream related?

The UI interface is now in HD. But you're right, shows have always streamed to the Preview in HD.

hydrox
Premium
join:2010-10-30
Lexington, MA
reply to hydrox
said by hydrox:

I have an HDD extender, and had 85 % full displayed for TiVo recording space before the update. It now reads 59 % full. Nothing seems missing, including "deleted" shows.

I found the problem. I had a number of Summer Olympic recordings on my TiVo in a "XXX Summer Olympics" folder, many of which were in 3D. After the update, my regular HD recordings in the Olympic folder were intact but the 3D recordings have completely disappeared from that Olympic folder (and from the TiVo altogether). Grrrr....

And, yes, the Q does seem a bit slower to respond. But, overall, this is a solid update.

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium
join:2009-03-02
Bath, PA
said by hydrox:

And, yes, the Q does seem a bit slower to respond. But, overall, this is a solid update.

Glad it isn't just me. I find myself trying to reboot the Q to only be stuck with slow menus (Or often blank menus for a few minutes) before I simply give up and press the guide button and come back to the TV in a few minutes when it's operational.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium,VIP
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA
kudos:11
reply to rcnman
Curious about your feelings bout the Multi Room changes for the Preview? Anyone got any gripes, praises , feature enhancement requests?
--
Jason Nealis,
V.P. Engineering and Operations

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium
Bath, PA
said by rcnman:

Curious about your feelings bout the Multi Room changes for the Preview? Anyone got any gripes, praises , feature enhancement requests?

Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference besides the new HD menu for viewing recorded shows/starting recordings from the preview. I think it works very well. My only gripe/enhancement request is a well known one... the ability to pause on my preview. Since I can now record from my preview, I find myself trying to pause a show. Other than that,

I think the updates to the Q made is 20% slower. It's not that bad but it gets annoying sometimes.

hydrox
Premium
Lexington, MA
said by shadyman777:

said by rcnman:

Honestly, I don't notice much of a difference besides the new HD menu for viewing recorded shows/starting recordings from the preview. I think it works very well. My only gripe/enhancement request is a well known one... the ability to pause on my preview. Since I can now record from my preview, I find myself trying to pause a show. Other than that,

I think the updates to the Q made is 20% slower. It's not that bad but it gets annoying sometimes.

What Shadyman said! Although my Q slowness issues seems to have stopped.
Ooops, and I do get an occasional (like just now - maybe it has happened 2 or 3 times altogether) "tivo hdmi connection not permitted" on my Preview TV when transitioning from/to recordings/pause/play. I then have to do a TiVo Preview reset.

machpost

join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC
reply to rcnman
I agree, it would be nice if pressing pause on the Preview would initiate a recording on an available tuner over the network, and then pause it. But then I suppose tuner management could get kind of complicated (when to stop the recording, etc.), and I'm sure the last thing they want to do is make things more complicated.

Everything seems to be working fine for me. I haven't encountered any bugs thus far. On the Q, switching between tuners seems to happen noticeably faster now.

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium
Bath, PA
reply to hydrox
said by hydrox:

Ooops, and I do get an occasional (like just now - maybe it has happened 2 or 3 times altogether) "tivo hdmi connection not permitted" on my Preview TV when transitioning from/to recordings/pause/play. I then have to do a TiVo Preview reset.

I too get those messages whenever I turn on my TV in my bedroom where my preview's located. I've gotten used to it, but for me it never stays stuck, it comes on after 5-10 seconds of waiting and then it never comes back.

Smush401

join:2004-11-05
Catasauqua, PA
reply to rcnman
Whats the latest? When will the update be rolled out?

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium
Bath, PA
said by Smush401:

Whats the latest? When will the update be rolled out?

While I can't answer that, I can say i've been using this update for nearly two weeks now and it's pretty stable now. My Q is running a bit faster than before (maybe it was indexing?) and my preview is running great with no VOD issues.

hydrox
Premium
Lexington, MA
reply to shadyman777
said by hydrox:

Oops, and I do get an occasional (like just now - maybe it has happened 2 or 3 times altogether) "tivo hdmi connection not permitted" on my Preview TV when transitioning from/to recordings/pause/play.

My setup is now stable also, and I hope that the update can be rolled out to everyone soon.

I believe I solved my "tivo hdmi connection not permitted" issue which had gotten out of control. I had been using an HDMI-to-DVI cable to feed my Preview to my Sony Tuner/Monitor which had worked flawlessly. Instead, I am now using the Preview Component Video signal out to the Sony tuner and haven't had a hint of signal issues since.

shadyman777
The Hero of Time
Premium
Bath, PA
reply to rcnman
For some reason, the last three days in a row, my TiVo Q randomly freezes and reboots itself while watching a recorded show. After the reboot everything is okay. It's a really odd issue. Anyone else having this issue?

joechicago

@rcn.com
reply to rcnman
I am on the beta & whenever I try and watch OnDemand, I get a V301 error. Usually if I try it 3 times it will work on the 3rd time, so it is just an annoyance, but doesn't prevent me from actually watching stuff.

jonbrach

join:2005-03-31
New York, NY
where do things stand with the update?I havent heard much about it lately?