Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11
reply to bluepoint

Re: SB6141 Can't access modem config manager

said by bluepoint:

I think he said the 6141 block is similar to the 6580, I assume that's what he have.

I am specifically asking whether he is experiencing it in NC.
I do not require assumptions, thank you

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

1 edit
said by hobgoblin:

said by bluepoint:

I think he said the 6141 block is similar to the 6580, I assume that's what he have.

I am specifically asking whether he is experiencing it in NC.
I do not require assumptions, thank you

Hob

What a grumpy old men! Need a medication?
But how was he able to disconnect the cable and was able to configure the modem if he didn't experience the block out?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

1 recommendation

"What a grumpy old men! Need a medication?"

I was actually trying to get some information to facilitate a fix. Hard to do with threats of a class action law suit and assumptions.

If beer counts as medication then yes.

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
said by hobgoblin:

If beer counts as medication then yes.

Hob

Noooooooo!!! Then you will be grumpier.

bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY
reply to hobgoblin
I'll send you a beer if you can get them to activate my SBG900. They said I need the SBG901 to be "supported"

I don't need support I just need it working

fekix

@rr.com
Mine is now fixed.I had this problem as others were posting: Cannot access the Motorola configuration manager page, so last Saturday, I gave level 3 a call and after he tried and couldn't fix it, he forwarded my issue to Timewarner engineers and said I ll get a call from them in a few days.

Today, I received that call, and TWC have updated my modem with the proper provision file. I can now access the configuration manager page.
However, my modem upstream status led is still green,(non bonding channel) I was hopping the new file would change the upstream led status to blue (bonding channel).

The tech said upstream channel is non-bonding for now in NY area until the near future, while previous Timewarner techs have said otherwise.My subscription speed :30/5. This speed has been constant with this sb6141 modem until today after the new provision file was pushed, my upstream is now less than 4 after several speed test, my downstream speed is fine.

Non-bonding upstream channel not available in New York?
I'm very glad though that Timewarner is doing something about it,'soon everyone with this issue will have a fix' he said.

Yann

@rr.com
I can confirm it is fixed here, too (NYC UES). After hours spent on the phone struggling with a condescending guy explaining to me that TWC can not change anything because, dumb ass, this is your own modem and we don't have access...

Disgusting...

adrman
Premium
join:2007-08-23
New York, NY
kudos:1
My update was pushed yesterday and the issue is resolved. In this case I'll commend TWC L3 support for listening to the complaints and getting a solution out in a timely manner.

toothrot

@clearwire-wmx.net
I can confirm that TWC in NYC pushes down a super wacky config to this device that locks down most of the modem. No way to disable DHCP or do real port forwards. I'll try calling them like the OP did, wish me luck!

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:17
said by toothrot :

I can confirm that TWC in NYC pushes down a super wacky config to this device that locks down most of the modem. No way to disable DHCP or do real port forwards. I'll try calling them like the OP did, wish me luck!

The 6141 doesn't do DHCP when online and doesn't do any NAT/PAT so the is no port forwarding to configure. It's a simple bridge not a router.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.