how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FourWheelKid

join:2006-03-03
Broussard, LA

[ALL] Where/how to report outgoing mail as not-spam

Like the topic says, I need to report some outbound e-mail as not-spam, Cox is flagging daily logs generated by a server I run on my home network as spam and refusing to allow them to be e-mailed out, I know how to report *recieved* mail as legitimate, but not sent, anyone?

stanley_qaz
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Gilbert, AZ

No good solution, this is a topic here of my experience with the system.

»Some Outgoing E-Mail Blocked by Cox SMTP

FourWheelKid

Broussard, LA

Ouch! Well, I've sent a message to coxtech1 to see what he thinks about it, we'll go from there, I guess.

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5
reply to FourWheelKid

said by FourWheelKid:

LCox is flagging daily logs generated by a server I run on my home network as spam

if the server is running it's own SMTP server and using this to send mail, this is going to cause Cox....and many others...to likely flag as spam because the reverse lookup on your IP won't match the hostname the server is claiming when it sends the mail

If it is the case that your server is sending directly, then I would suggest configuring your server to use Cox's SMTP servers instead.

FourWheelKid

Broussard, LA

said by bbeesley:

If it is the case that your server is sending directly, then I would suggest configuring your server to use Cox's SMTP servers instead.

The server should literally appear to be just another computer set up to send mail like anything else (my desktop, for example). It just gets flagged as spam every time it tries to send...
Oct 22 03:03:33 Thundar dma[1abdc1.8014aa0b0]: remote delivery to smtp.cox.net [68.1.17.8] failed after final DATA: 552 5.2.0 E83Z1k0053wZMno0183Zwj This message was undeliverable. This message has been found to be a potential spam message, and has therefore been blocked. Please visit http://ww2.cox.com/coxagainst

That's it. (Also, I'd like to note that the url mentioned in the error doesn't work, it should be /coxagainstspam, heh.)

--
A battle has been fought, and is now over.
Place your sword upon the ground, and rest in the temporal peace.
After dozing in the warmth of a dream, a new day will begin.

The days keep passing by..
And we still chase the same star we once saw.

FourWheelKid

Broussard, LA
reply to bbeesley

Well, problem solved, switched to gmail for the mail from my local server, would still like to know what was causing it to trip up, though...and what's causing the same report from a remote server to be flagged as spam.