This is a sub-selection from Care Not I Do
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to jseymour

to jseymour

Re: Care Not I Do

said by jseymour:

If it costs me little-to-nothing to carry plastic, but I have to have a "smart"phone with data plan that costs me $1200/year in fees to use ISIS, then ISIS costs $1200/year more than the plain old plastic credit cards.

Did you have your smartphone already and using it for other things already? If yes. Then it's free. I have credit cards each one charges a BS yearly fee.

Secondly: As of the beginning of the year, the latest for which I could find numbers, 46-49% of the U.S. adult population owned "smart"phones.

Notice the change in just 9 months. What will it be in 5 years?

I know many people w/o "smart"phones. Even a few that have no wireless phones at all.

We have some Amish here that have horse and buggies and no electricity.

Has nothing to do with being a Luddite. Being a tech guy, I'm anything but a Luddite. It's all about the cost of "smart"phones, which I believe to be ludicrous--at least for anything shy of business use.

As was stated if you don't want to use smartphone no one is forcing you to. For those that already have them I'm not sure what your beef is? There is no additional cost of this for those with smarthphones.

jseymour
join:2009-12-11
Waterford, MI

jseymour

said by 88615298:

Did you have your smartphone already and using it for other things already? If yes. Then it's free.

No, I do not, so, therefor, no, it would not be.
said by 88615298:

Notice the change in just 9 months. What will it be in 5 years?

If some of the predictions I've been reading lately are any guide: Not a whole lot different. They could be wrong, market analysts sometimes are, but it is believed by many that just about everybody that is inclined to go "smart"phone now has one--that the market is essentially saturated. Those analysts expect moderate growth in the "smart"phone market though next year, and then for it to essentially go flat.

We'll see.
said by 88615298:

I know many people w/o "smart"phones. Even a few that have no wireless phones at all.

We have some Amish here that have horse and buggies and no electricity.

I bet they're happier than most "smart"phone users you know

Jim
« Sheep sez: "Bah"Rooted wont work? »
This is a sub-selection from Care Not I Do