Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

another

Another service i've been out priced from simply because of lack of real broadband options

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by decifal:

Another service i've been out priced from simply because of lack of real broadband options

Don't look for that to improve anytime soon. You could move to Dickson.

decifal

Bon Aqua, TN
said by 88615298:

said by decifal:

That is one of the same ol lame solutions constantly spewed out from people like its from an assembly line.. I can tell you that my area has a weird thing going on with development when it comes to broadband.. All around in a 1 mile radius I have cable and dsl all around our area.. But for some odd reason comcast nor att has went the extra stretch even though there are over 200 house's and counting now with no service options from the land based options.. All we have is satellite, and 3/4g options which are just grossly over priced for what you get.. Don't get me the spectrum crises excuse either, that's just a scare tactic used to gain more spectrum from the FCC..

And seriously man? Move to dickson? I would do better to go to an even more rural area where cable has already established for whatever reason a footprint and from the looks of the dslams and vrads, even att.. Its just one of those screwed up areas.. Moving into the city of dickson wouldn't do anything but give me more check into cash options as they are EVERYWHERE there...

Sides, my house is paid for.. With this lovely economy, i'm not moving anywhere less a huge volcano appears..

Premium
West Tenness
said by decifal:

said by 88615298:

said by decifal:

That is one of the same ol lame solutions constantly spewed out from people like its from an assembly line.. I can tell you that my area has a weird thing going on with development when it comes to broadband.. All around in a 1 mile radius I have cable and dsl all around our area.. But for some odd reason comcast nor att has went the extra stretch even though there are over 200 house's and counting now with no service options from the land based options.. All we have is satellite, and 3/4g options which are just grossly over priced for what you get.. Don't get me the spectrum crises excuse either, that's just a scare tactic used to gain more spectrum from the FCC..

And seriously man? Move to dickson? I would do better to go to an even more rural area where cable has already established for whatever reason a footprint and from the looks of the dslams and vrads, even att.. Its just one of those screwed up areas.. Moving into the city of dickson wouldn't do anything but give me more check into cash options as they are EVERYWHERE there...

Sides, my house is paid for.. With this lovely economy, i'm not moving anywhere less a huge volcano appears..

No need to get all pissy. the fact is unless the government forces cable, DSL provides to build out to rural areas or the government does it itself or the government forces satellite and services like HomeFusion to have drastically higher caps then you are out of luck. Which means you are out of luck because none of those things will happen any time soon of at all.

As far as the economy ask the republican governor and his republican controlled legislature why they haven't done anything in 2 1/2 years to improve things. So far we have guns in parks, exemption for estate tax raised from $1 mil to $5 mil and "don't say gay".

verizonlteda

@myvzw.com
reply to 88615298
LOL that name made me laugh and not sure i wanna live in a city named DICKSON lol.

decifal

Bon Aqua, TN
reply to 88615298
said by 88615298:

No need to get all pissy. the fact is unless the government forces cable, DSL provides to build out to rural areas or the government does it itself or the government forces satellite and services like HomeFusion to have drastically higher caps then you are out of luck. Which means you are out of luck because none of those things will happen any time soon of at all.

As far as the economy ask the republican governor and his republican controlled legislature why they haven't done anything in 2 1/2 years to improve things. So far we have guns in parks, exemption for estate tax raised from $1 mil to $5 mil and "don't say gay".

Plenty of reasons to be pissy when you live near "Dick"son, TN.. Sometimes i wish the county would just close down... I do not see where the tax dollars goes in this town at all...

as in for your political remark.. There was a stimulas with a small portion used on broadband buildouts. But I haven't seen it.. Nothing at all from Obama's use of tax dollars.. I was even told by connectedTN that a third party non super brand name provider was coming to the area last year using wireless as the means of access.. Have I seen it? Nope, just more tax dollars wasted on false promise's... That my friend makes me pissy... Taxation without representation... But anyways, not gonna get into politics on this section of the forum...

Premium
West Tenness
reply to verizonlteda
said by verizonlteda :

LOL that name made me laugh and not sure i wanna live in a city named DICKSON lol.

In Lexington TN there is a road called PENIX LANE. And it's near BEAVER Elementary. I am not joking.