@sbcglobal.net

1 recommendation

ATT customer to riekl

Anon

to riekl

Re: ATT Ran unburied line down my side yard, across my back yard

Click for full size
U-verse funny
Here's my back yard U-verse fail contribution. In march of this year ATT discovered their 50 year old waterlogged multipair overhead cable was unable to deliver U-verse TV to my neighbor. ATT's temporary solution was to hang this 1/4 mile long piece of cat 5 from tree to tree and fence to ground. A replacement order for the entire 1/2 mile length of overhead was entered into the "ATT system" and the work was scheduled to be done in two weeks. Now, after eight months and many order re-entries by the ATT repair guys, the old multipair is still up, still water filled and still un-replaced. Be patient. Improving on high quality workmanship of this sort just takes time and planning.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

1 recommendation

David

Premium Member

said by ATT customer :

Here's my back yard U-verse fail contribution. In march of this year ATT discovered their 50 year old waterlogged multipair overhead cable was unable to deliver U-verse TV to my neighbor. ATT's temporary solution was to hang this 1/4 mile long piece of cat 5 from tree to tree and fence to ground. A replacement order for the entire 1/2 mile length of overhead was entered into the "ATT system" and the work was scheduled to be done in two weeks. Now, after eight months and many order re-entries by the ATT repair guys, the old multipair is still up, still water filled and still un-replaced. Be patient. Improving on high quality workmanship of this sort just takes time and planning.

I can take on yours too. 8 months I think is a bit much.. would love to ask around about that one!

ATT Customer
@sbcglobal.net

1 recommendation

ATT Customer

Anon

Thanks David,
Here are the details. This 1/2 mile+ run of old, wet overhead cable is in Olympia Fields, IL, 60461.

It starts at a Vrad or RT at the corner of Scott Dr. and Olympian Way and runs along and behind the east side of Greenwood Dr and continues along and behind the south and west sides of Thornwood Dr.

Our local ATT line repairman, with whom I'm now practically on a first name basis, has re-entered the order to the cable dept. at least three times. The hi-tech cat 5 'install' persists.

I hope this provides enough info.
ATT Customer

1 recommendation

ATT Customer

Anon

David;
I can be reached directly at wally-balloo@sbcglobal.net in case that's necessary.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

1 recommendation

David to ATT Customer

Premium Member

to ATT Customer
send me the more detailed info via email to helprequest@sbcglobal.net so I can follow it.