eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Want to enlist someone's PS prowess

So, I work for a martial arts school. They'd like to come up with a t-shirt that says "That's how we roll". They decided to take rapid shot pictures of one of the instructors rolling. Basically, what I'd LOVE for someone to help me with is to...

1. Take the 7 pictures and isolate the person rolling (remove the background and such)
2. Organize the photos so that it would look good on a shirt? (I guess an arch would be a start)

It's a bit of work so I understand it'd take some time. If someone has that time, just post here and I'll gladly PM you more details.

Thanks for reading!
--
Hi. Bye.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Comcast

I think your best approach would be to post the 7 pictures and let us have a crack at it or is this something you were asked to do in private?
--
Stop The Mindless Killings Stop Over Fishing

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

I just figured it'd be easier. But, here you go!

Link to Pics

Pass: Rolls

I'm not sure on what size is needed... it's going on a shirt so the actual "cutouts" will be small. I'll let you use your best judgment on that.
--
Hi. Bye.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

T-shirt prints have to be large in order for them to look right. If you take a 72 DPI 1600 x 1200 photo and blow it up to T-shirt size, it will be pixelated.

I'll take a look at the pics and have something up for you in a day or so.

Of course others may join in on the fun.
--

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to eve

OK, here's one that would be a decal that could go on any colored shirt but black.

I can leave it transparent, that way it would be a print (instead of a decal) on darker colored shirts, including black.

Don't worry this is not a finished product. I just want some feedback to give me more ideas.

What kind of background are looking for? Do you want a realistic setting, A photo background, landscape, solid color, etc?
--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
reply to eve

As far as I know, I think all that's needed is the actual picture sequence. I've sent him this link and I'll reply back with any more feedback.

Really nice start! Appreciate it!
--
Hi. Bye.

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

Could you provide me with a version that has the photos in the following sequence?

5-6-1-2-3-4-9-10

I think that would look best as one cohesive roll even though they were two separate ones.

Thanks!
--
Hi. Bye.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

1 recommendation

The sequence 5-6-1-2-3-4-9-10 you ask for didn't look right so I changed it to 5-6-3-2-1-7-8-9 for a more fluid roll.

Total size with dark background= 8.14" W x 3.05" H print.

2442 x 915 @ 300 DPI

Transparent 2375 x 776 @ 300 DPI

Document size is actual size in inches...

Transparent print size

--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

Bossman's a little worried that that many images won't fit on a t-shirt. From the first picture you made, could you try that with the last 5 images? It won't be a complete roll but it's close. A tad more spaced out and maybe without the blur effect that you did on these most recent tries?

(I personally like it but I want to cover all the bases with him so he can decide which he likes best)

Again, you have my appreciate and admiration!
--
Hi. Bye.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

The last 2 images are 8 inches in width by 3 inches in height, actual print size. Don't be confused by the resolution. Hold a tape measure across your torso and you'll be able to judge better.

As for the first image, are you're referring to the one with the fonts and logo?
--

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to eve

OK, I was a little confused myself. Actually the PS document size(print size) depends on your monitor and at what resolution it is set. I resized this one with resampling disabled, using Photoshop's ruler set to inches and then held an actual ruler to my screen. I think that is as close as I can get to actual print size?

--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to dolphins

said by dolphins:

As for the first image, are you're referring to the one with the fonts and logo?

Yes. Basically, the 2nd half of the series of pictures in that first picture w/ the fonts & logo and without the blur... just to see which he looks more.

Thanks again!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

1 recommendation

OK here ya go...

Font FX

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

Size-wize, you're fine. You have a large enough image (in pixels) to accommodate the size required. You'll need to find out the actual print size from the printer, and set the document size to that specification, without resampling. It'll likely increase the resolution (document size will be smaller than 10x7.5), which is not a problem.
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

Thank you.

Yes, I did forget to stress that the printer will affect the output. That's why it's best that the work be printed from the same computer due to monitor size, settings, etc.

One question though... can you hold a ruler to your monitor to match actual print size? What I mean is I set the PS ruler to inches and than adjusted it so that the two rulers matched. I had read this somewhere before but am unsure of it being the truth.
--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to eve

Gotcha. Thanks for the help. I think he really likes the last one you posted, dolphins.

He's got some stuff on his plate so this may not be revisited until next week... at which point I may resurrect the thread to ask for something else or just send you a PM.

Thanks again for your help!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ

Your welcome.

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to dolphins

I never worry about the image size as viewed on the display. Best idea for this use would be to print out a paper version first, and see how it fits the t-shirts. Then make adjustments as necessary before using the transfer material.
--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

OK great, thanks!

I did send the files to my printer just to see how they would print but I knew the final outcome would be altered when sent to a different computer and printer.

So in other words, my job is done, it's up to the printer or printee, so to speak.
--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

Yeah. Those are ideas I will be using. I've got some feedback though:

- He likes the last picture you made. However, he'd like the images on a transparent background (and just the images).
- The last image on that particular one looks larger than the rest -- I'm sure that's a simple fix.
- And, is it possible to have some space between the first and second images? Just so there's little to no overlap.

Thanks again!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

3 recommendations

Like this...

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

Looks great. What looks to be his last request...

Can you manage to paste a foot onto the first image? Doesn't have to be perfect but... I figured I'd ask and see what you can come up with!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

1 recommendation

You mean like this...

Courtesy of Dr. Frankenstein

Bwahahahahaha... Actually the hand in the 3rd image is from the 2nd image on second thought it's from another image altogether and you can't even see any stitches.

Oh, thought you might like a less bloody looking font.
--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

I'm so sorry for the lack of a reply to that last post. That was exactly what he was looking for. The t-shirts will be printed sometime in the new year (He originally wanted it for the holidays but pushed it back, I guess.)

You're absolutely welcome to one to thank you for your help (His words).

I have another favor to ask. He wants to revamp our logo. Not change it dramatically but refine it and play around with various ideas. The logo that we have now is here. Basically a circle with a gradient and the lettering on the corners.

He'd like to see how it would look if...
1) The letters were moved towards the center a bit more.
2) The letters were given a white outline/glow effect.

I think he wants the two ideas to be two different samples. I'm not sure if you require the original lettering, but if you do, he used this before.

Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks again and Happy Turkey Day to all!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

That's great to hear, I'm glad to have helped. Hmmm... my work on a T-shirt, Does that mean I'm famous?

Your appreciation is enough but you could take a picture of someone wearing the T-shirt and post it here when they are done.

I'd be glad to help out with the logo but I can't access either of the links you provided. They both say "Forbidden".
--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
reply to eve

Whoops. Forgot to edit permissions. Should have access now.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ

Got it. I'll have something up soon.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to eve

Here's some quick ones...

I changed the gradient slightly.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to eve

Some text FX...

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
reply to eve

Awesome. I'll have some feedback for you after the holiday weekend!

Thanks so much for your help!