share rss forum feed

eve
Premium
join:2003-01-02
Alexandria, VA
reply to eve

Re: Want to enlist someone's PS prowess

Yeah. That looks great.

I've sent these last few to him for some feedback.

Thanks again for your (and everyone's) help!

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

I've got some feedback.

- He LOVES the 3D look of it but is wary of how it would print on shirts/patches/other items that we print our logo on.
- Loves the size of the letters and the fact that there's less of the characters outside the circle.
- Would it be possible to just do a solid white outline on those letters? Doesn't have to be completely white but something that might print better?
- Thoughts on how this would look on a black background?
- To me, it looks slightly ovalish? My eyes could be deceiving me though.

Thanks again for your help!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 recommendations

It will work on any solid background except maybe white because of the white outline of the characters. Although I don't think it looks bad on a white background but I would say that is a matter of taste.

1600 x 1600 150-DPI transparent

--
Stop The Mindless Killings Stop Over Fishing

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

Dolphins!

Some suggestions we'd like to try:

1) In the original logo, we had a white outline around the circle. They'd like to see that but in various thicknesses. Should only need 3 different ones to see if they like it.
2) The outlines on the letters are amazing. Is there a way to get it crisper? Some of them have jagged edges. Maybe if the thickness on those was also increased, it'd be crisper?
3) There was one other but I can't remember it at the moment.

Thanks again. We really appreciate it. Do let me know if there's something you'd like in return for your help and time.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 recommendations

Click for full size
Here's one idea

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to eve

Yes, the characters in the original PDF you supplied me with are jagged. Most likely they were blown up from a lower resolution graphic? I guess in haste I must have forgotten to smooth some of the edges. No worries here ya go...

Stroked 3px transparent png

3px jpg

Stroked 7px transparent png

7px jpg

Stroked 12px transparent png

12px jpg

--

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to CCat

Make mine deep purple, please!

mythology
Premium
join:2002-10-16
Seneca, SC

1 recommendation

reply to dolphins

Very nice Dolphin

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ

Thanks.

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
reply to eve

These look great. I think we're close to coming up with one to go with. I'll have some feedback, if any, tomorrow. Thanks again!

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

I think we're teetering between the one that has no outline and no 3d text and the 7px outline that you made in the most recent revision. Can you do the 7px outline but make the outline also on the characters?

And, he mentioned something about it having to be PDF (just not JPEG) because it's going to be reproduced onto a 6'x6' thing that'll get put on our walls at each of our locations... I'm not sure which format would work best for that... he just said not jpeg or it'll be pixelated when it gets blown up that big.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

What he needs are the transparent PNG files which are already posted. They're all done on a 1600 x 1600 transparent layer @ 150 DPI and 32 bit depth.
--

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to eve

said by eve:

I think we're teetering between the one that has no outline and no 3d text and the 7px outline that you made in the most recent revision. Can you do the 7px outline but make the outline also on the characters?

If you're asking that the text be plain black (not stroked) but instead the entire logo including the characters be stroked? That is exactly what you started out with in the OP.

If you're asking that the characters be stroked (white outline), plus the rising sun be stroked? I've already done so.
--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
reply to eve

You're absolutely right. I may have misunderstood him. Sorry about that!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

OK, here's the 7px outline on a 6400 x 6400 transparent canvas @ 600 DPI, PNG file. This can be blown up quite large without losing any quality.

--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

Click for full size
Click for full size
downloadLogo centering.pdf 1,395,415 bytes
Hi, Dolphins.

They've picked their favorite, which I've attached to this one just so there's no confusion. He made a note to me that he'd like to see the characters centered around the sun a bit more. I've attached a PDF that he sent me that supposedly shows what he's looking for but I'm a bit confused so I'm hoping you can see what he's getting at.

Let me know if you've got any questions.

Thanks!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

OK, Take a look at the cross hairs and the black dot. The black dot is dead center. If I were to orient each character to be centered over its own cross hair the bottom two characters will be too close together. In order to center the bottom two, I can make the characters smaller which will further separate them and give the appearance of a void in the center or I can move them further outside the circle.

As you can see the top two are just about centered so only the bottom two need to be reoriented. Before I go any further is this what he is referring to?

--

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
reply to eve

I'll get back to you with a response ASAP.

eve
Premium
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to eve

Click for full size
downloadUntitled 2.pdf 618,408 bytes
Hi, dolphins. Sorry for the late reply.

This is by no means a request you need to fill out before the holidays are complete but I have a few minutes so I wanted to post what he replied with.

"What I'm looking at is the outside edges of the characters.
The purple box is centered.
The upper right character touches the box on the top and side.
The upper left is high and to the inside
The bottom two are both high.

All of these considerations are independent of the sizes."

He's a bit OCD and wants this perfect so apologies in advance.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
Westville, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

No problem, this has been a valuable learning experience for me. I should have paid more attention to symmetry from the start, it would have saved time and effort. Not to mention, you would probably have the T-shirts and banner printed by now?

The PNG file (6000 x 6000 px @ 600 DPI) below does not have the symmetry lines.

Resized illustration with symmetry lines

Merry Christmas!
--