uniqs
wabisuke
join:2007-01-23
Philippines

wabisuke to Vinceruos_t

to Vinceruos_t

Re: [Raiding] Mogu'Shan Vaults

said by Vinceruos_t:

We are now 6/6 as of last night. Will of the emperor is so much easier then Elegon at least in 10 man once you get the adds controlled. All CC works on the rages. So fear, stun, root them as you please. We 3 healed and had mage, aff lock, spriest, DK, and rogue for dps. Just save healing CDs for gas phase and have a ranged dps grab aggro on the Stregnth and take it out of raid. As a mage I was pretty much soloing it while everyone else killed the other adds. The Stregth does not need to be tanked, it has no melee just an aoe stun that is dodgeable.

Not sure if it's just me, but so far, i've eaten each and every devastating combo in LFR. The arcs are just kind of misleading, how's the damage of devastating combo in 10M normal like?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by wabisuke:

Not sure if it's just me, but so far, i've eaten each and every devastating combo in LFR. The arcs are just kind of misleading, how's the damage of devastating combo in 10M normal like?

The key is don't put your back to the wall, tank him with your back to the center of the room , you will have a lot more space to move.
wabisuke
Philippines

wabisuke

I'm actually dps'ing (which is a bigger fail :c )
Not like i don't try though, i can see the blue-ish arcs that are drawn, but it seems like i'm just a fraction of a second late in moving, or i go the wrong way, or it turns out he was going for the stomp one

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Man I got so happy I got that extra button for a 500k punch in the boss' face.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to wabisuke

Premium Member

to wabisuke
said by wabisuke:

I'm actually dps'ing (which is a bigger fail :c )
Not like i don't try though, i can see the blue-ish arcs that are drawn, but it seems like i'm just a fraction of a second late in moving, or i go the wrong way, or it turns out he was going for the stomp one

you guys might be talking about 2 different things. Jobbie is talking about the boss that does the 180degree (devastating arc) attack that can be avoided if you watch where his weapon s before he attacks. I don't think there is an associated arc with this attack. If you are getting stunned, then you might be too close to the boss and are getting hit by his stomp.

The Emperor's Strength is one of the adds that the dps has to burn down. These do have a light blue circle on the ground just before they do their energizing strike or whatever its called. As a healer, i've been caught in a couple of them. I think the blue arc is always in front of the boss, so as long as they aren't sneaking up on you while you pew, pew the boss, you should be able to avoid standing in front of it.
wabisuke
Philippines

wabisuke

Nah, it's the same thing. It's a series of attacks that you're supposed to dodge/avoid (I think 5 attacks in all?) If you manage to avoid all the attacks, you get a buff/additional button that lets you smack the boss in the face for 500k damage

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

ok... then just watch the top half of the mob's animation... the side where his staff is pointing telegraphs where he's going to strike.