share rss forum feed

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

Over Data Usage

Hello, Attention K-Mart Shoppers

Just got off the phone with Rogers Internet High Speed there telling
me now its going to be $100 for Over Limit ...This is Ridiculous

I pay $99.00 for the extreme that there advertising but hold on ther is and additional Fee of $100 ...Like having a corvette with no Wheels sitting in you're Driveway.. I don't care what Excuses The Rogers Robbers give its Ridiculous for the amount of money I give them on a monthly bases add $100 dollars but Add the data usage or something 250GB a month its chump change

teksavvy is available in my area but I married to rogers for another 5-6 month I wonder if I can just Take the Rogers internet
and go to savyy without paying and arm and a leg to rogers

Overage on all packages that are not unlimited will be charged at $0.50/GB to a maximum of $25/month I can live with that

Up to 28 Mbps Down / 1 Mbps Up
Recommended Package
$46.95month
300GB Bandwidth / month

or I can get 61.95 Unlimited download

Soon Rogers going to Be Bye-Bye kansas

Regards
Dabonz

Hooter

join:2009-08-17
Scarborough, ON

It was announced in the summer that maximum overage fees would be increased by 100% from $50 to $100. I hope you do not own a Rocket Hub - they increased the overage fees on those by 900% - from $50 to $500! They really do earn the title of Robbers!

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1
reply to dabonz

If you're consistently hitting the overage limit, it'd be cheaper to get a 2nd connection from TSI or one of the other TPIA providers - though none currently offer "Ultimate".

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON
reply to dabonz

I;m going to have to start selling crack to support my internet habits

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to dabonz

Even better news is Teksavvy has no running meter of any type on that account. It's the honour system whereby the user only uses 300 gigabytes per month but it's unmetered.

osijek1289

join:2012-11-11
Mississauga, ON

So I've just taken a look at my brand spanking new Robbers bill with and an even more stratospherically higher charge, and see indeed that my monthly overage charge went from $50 to $100. That makes my high speed express of $48.99/month come in 200% higher at $152.99. In short, criminal.

Yet, the incremental cost per GB is barely pennies more, thus providing these largely bloated and ineffective middle-men additional revenue. (it's 1 penny based on this report here; »gigaom.com/2011/05/12/netflix-is···profits/ )

I've really had it with the now nickle-and-dime approach of Robbers, as they've over the years inched onto customers ridiculous reasons and methods of shafting them with marketing-mumbo jumbo with largely invalid techno-babble, that unfortunately most people cant understand or give critical context to, duping them into making people believe they are getting certain "features" as part of their internet subscription, which are really just vapourware and useless crud. I've been with them for 16+ years, as this home's only occupant, and provided at them with at least $12,000 of internet revenue over that time, and another (at least) $6,000 of cable TV revenue (am on OTA for some time now), plus some other brand affinity related revenue, while, they marketed their little hearts out towards any newer/potential customers with special-offer-this-and-special-offer-that, treating me like a money bags piece of crap.

And, my speedtest this 11pm EST Sunday night here in Mississauga shows a pathetic 18Mbps down, 0.5 up.

From everything I've read, Acanac or Tekksavvy seem to be running fairly well, and with the max charge of ~$45 or ~$62 for (28Mbps!) unlimited, me thinks I'm underway to do what I should have done some time ago.

biznatch11

join:2004-11-21
London, ON

said by osijek1289:

So I've just taken a look at my brand spanking new Robbers bill with and an even more stratospherically higher charge, and see indeed that my monthly overage charge went from $50 to $100. That makes my high speed express of $48.99/month come in 200% higher at $152.99. In short, criminal.

I agree their prices suck, but why wouldn't you upgrade to a package with a higher limit, at least until your contract with Rogers is up? It would be cheaper to get Ultimate ($125, 250 GB) than keep Express and just go way over your limit every month. And it's faster.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by biznatch11:

I agree their prices suck, but why wouldn't you upgrade to a package with a higher limit, at least until your contract with Rogers is up?

Perhaps they're going past limit as well. Then it's not $125, it's $225.