Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Reputation Changes Incoming

Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made tweaks and changes to the system to make it more interesting and to give players access to unique items. For example, we recently hotfixed the game to apply a change to some reputation items which you can read about in our recently updated blog (»us.battle.net/wow/en/blo ··· 0_2_2012) that allows players to purchase certain items much sooner. And we're not done!

Coming in a future patch, earning reputation is going to become much more fluid. Basically, once one of your characters has reached at least Revered reputation with a faction, all other characters on the same Battle.net account will then earn reputation with the same faction at twice the rate. Going one step further, and as an added bonus, your main character who reached Revered will also begin to earn double the reputation as he or she climbs to Exalted.

Here's a simplified break down:

Any single character earns Revered reputation with a faction
All other characters on the Battle.net account begin to earn double reputation for that one same faction
The Revered character earns double reputation as he or she works toward Exalted
???
Profit

We’ll keep you posted as this change is closer to being implemented. In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!

Source
»us.battle.net/wow/en/for ··· 94350230

/discuss
Jobbie

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Blizzard Blue :

There has been a lot of great feedback and thanks to everyone who has posted. For the past couple days, I've been reading what you've shared and working with our developers to address some of your concerns and suggestions, so let's get started:

A few of you asked about guild reputation being affected by the changes and the answer is no. It's not my intent to sound harsh here so let me briefly explain: Patch 5.0.4 saw significant increases to how quickly players can level with their guild and we're pretty comfortable with the changes as they are.

Many of you have been wondering which factions will be affected by this change. The short answer is we are in the midst of discussing this now. Our thinking at this point in time is to ultimately have all the various factions affected by the increase, but that process will require extra time to test. So one idea we have is to roll out changes to Mists of Pandaria factions first, and then work in earlier expansion-based factions with patches that come later. Granted, this is very much a work-in-progress, subject-to-change situation but keep the feedback coming, it's been very helpful!

With regard to the amount of reputation needed for Honored to Revered, versus Revered to Exalted; we're definitely aware of the difference in numbers and are taking your concerns to heart.

One of the most asked questions so far is, what gives with the tabard changes? When we introduced reputation tabards in The Burning Crusade, they were set to be used as a means to gain attunement for raiding. Sadly, the specificity of each tabard made it so they discouraged players from running dungeons together. If one player needed reputation from one dungeon, while his friend needed it for another, the two ended up not playing together when they would have liked to. You saw the shift away from this philosophy during Wrath of the Lich King and on into Cataclysm. For Mists of Pandaria, though, we feel dungeons are already rewarding so it made the most sense to have reputation earned by doing things for each particular faction. The various factions are what really bring a lot of the flavor and character to the world of Pandaria. We werent very happy that the status quo in Cataclysm was to virtually ignore most factions and what theyre about, by instead doing the fairly unrelated task of running dungeons. It provided a way for players to essentially double dip on rewards from dungeons and faction reputations simply by putting on a shirt when queuing. In Mists weve changed the reward structure in a way that we feel makes for a better, more diverse gameplay experience.

For those of you concerned about Golden Lotus related quests, keep your eyes on the forums for some very helpful information we're working on right now that we hope to have posted by Monday.

My work isn't done and if I get more information I can share, I'll be sure to post it. Thanks again, everyone! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Threatco
join:2011-04-19
Moncton, NB

Threatco to Jobbie

to Jobbie
I am glad I will have an easier time at getting my rep. I feel bad for the guys who just finished grinding it out the hard way. (They deserve a feat of strength)

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
I'm grinding rep now and want to poke my eyes out with a dull tooth pick.

Though there are a couple of things I want so, I'll stick with it.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9 to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
quote:
In Mists we’ve changed the reward structure in a way that we feel makes for a better, more diverse gameplay experience.
LOL, REALLY?
quote:
For those of you concerned about Golden Lotus related quests, keep your eyes on the forums for some very helpful information we're working on right now that we hope to have posted by Monday
Cool, after the 'grinders' are already done? Thanks... ?

Curious12
join:2012-10-01
Newport News, VA

Curious12

true story

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

1 recommendation

Skittles to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made it more complicated and irritating.

Any single character can do numerous, mind-numbing dailies until your eyes bleed and you consider what's the point in life......
Then you reach honored and more dailies open up. So what was boring as hell before now becomes a lesson in psychological torture.

Then you get Revered and you can spend those 35 valor points you have been saving....or rather look at what our quartermaster can offer when you have enough VPs.

As a bonus, when you hit revered with Golden Lotus we will open more factions to do dailies with, this will allow the player something to do with their free time until patch 5.1 when we will bring 5 new factions to do dailies with.

You're Welcome America

jofos
join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL

jofos

said by Skittles:

said by Jobbie:

Earning reputation with various factions has long been an important part to World of Warcraft and as time has gone on, we've made it more complicated and irritating.

Any single character can do numerous, mind-numbing dailies until your eyes bleed and you consider what's the point in life......
Then you reach honored and more dailies open up. So what was boring as hell before now becomes a lesson in psychological torture.

Then you get Revered and you can spend those 35 valor points you have been saving....or rather look at what our quartermaster can offer when you have enough VPs.

As a bonus, when you hit revered with Golden Lotus we will open more factions to do dailies with, this will allow the player something to do with their free time until patch 5.1 when we will bring 5 new factions to do dailies with.

You're Welcome America

Sounds fun! Here take my $15.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

All your $15 are belong to us

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Skittles

Premium Member

to Skittles
said by Skittles:

said by Jobbie:

You're Welcome America

LOL Well put. I think they need drastically to change how the rep works people is focusing in one tops two toons if at all.

this kills the altoholic in me..

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Ya, I had planned to do Gl and Klaxxi after the raid last night but ended up only doing Shado-pan and august. (they were in the same zone so the Shado-pan NPC helped out some on the august.)
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Honestly, this whole expansion direction smacks of some non-gamer executive business bullshit. No one who games (in their right mind) would consider any of this shit fun. Maybe once, or twice, but for weeks on end, every day, and REQUIRED to raid? No thanks.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Why would Blizzard make a change like this only weeks after release?

I thought this was an "extremely successful expansion" so far?

Hmm, seems the "minority" of people complaining actually do have some merit. lol

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

IMO a better solution would be
make the tabards rep tabards and BoA, but only buy-able at exalted.

Then you grind your main and dungeon your alts.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU

said by DarkLogix:

+1

Right now, the thought of having to level and then rep grind an alt if I want to raid with it makes me want to punch a kitten in the nose.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

make the tabards rep tabards and BoA, but only buy-able at Honored.

/fixed

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark to bTU

Premium Member

to bTU
said by bTU:

said by DarkLogix:

+1

Right now, the thought of having to level and then rep grind an alt if I want to raid with it makes me want to punch a kitten in the nose.

Agreed, all the bastards who are bitching about this have been playing forever, what about the people who have not, or have been deployed for days on end. Cry me a river and don't hate on it. Or keep acting so pro and all you can brag on in your life is all you have accomplished in WoW for the past 7-8 years.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
They should make the rewards cumulative.

1st character = 0 bonus
1 character revered = double rep
2 characters revered = triple rep
3 characters revered = quadruple rep

Thus if you have 10 alts, by the time the last one gets around to rep grinding you are getting 9x the normal rep.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Naw man make it exponential

so then the 10th would get 1024x rep, he's have max rep in no time.

and the 11th would basically be insta

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles to Zyncotl

Premium Member

to Zyncotl
The only one that would benefit from that plan is Kilroy.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Skittles:

his 22nd toon would get exalted the moment he talked to a GL representative, lol.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

Nick D

Premium Member

The achievement for getting one of each class for each faction to 90 should be "Kilroy was Here".

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Skittles:

his 22nd toon would get exalted the moment he talked to a GL representative, lol.

He could declare war on GL and they'd still love him (BTW can you mark GL as at war?)

Ramikor
@comcastbusiness.net

Ramikor to DarkLogix

Anon

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

IMO, an even better solution is to make rep items BoA. As much as many others may complain, I personally have no problem with making players have to work for rep benefits, even spending valor; but having to do it up to 11x, even with 10 at double rep? There's only so much time in any expansion.
Threatco
Moncton, NB

Threatco to Jobbie

to Jobbie
Click for full size
All I am hearing is

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

that was the most retarded thing i've seen you post Threatco. Obviously you think there are no real reasons to complain about anything, at all, ever.
Threatco
Moncton, NB

Threatco

said by mettachain:

that was the most retarded thing i've seen you post Threatco. Obviously you think there are no real reasons to complain about anything, at all, ever.

Really?

Yes I think there has been too many complaints about the daily quests. And the pic sums it up. How does that mean "I think there are no real reasons to complain about anything, at all, ever."

Kind of over reacting a bit?

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

I'm glad you're enjoying Farmville and Pokemon. I'm glad you're enjoying being super casual and LFR is the only "raiding" you see.

You're a new player. I'm glad you like all the options. I'm glad you're cool with how slow and "rewarded" you feel when you get ONE piece of gear from rep + VP purchases. You don't worry about "on the edge" progression.

Harder, veteran raiders like to see those progress numbers on WoL and wowprogress. We like to get Ranked. We like our guild to be #1 World/ #1 Region/ #1 Realm. The current setup sucks ass for VP/JP.

Shut up and color is not an option. Either things change or money is lost. And there's both of that happening however money is being lost faster than changes can accomodate.
Threatco
Moncton, NB

2 edits

Threatco

said by mettachain:

I'm glad you're enjoying Farmville and Pokemon. I'm glad you're enjoying being super casual and LFR is the only "raiding" you see.

You're a new player. I'm glad you like all the options. I'm glad you're cool with how slow and "rewarded" you feel when you get ONE piece of gear from rep + VP purchases. You don't worry about "on the edge" progression.

Harder, veteran raiders like to see those progress numbers on WoL and wowprogress. We like to get Ranked. We like our guild to be #1 World/ #1 Region/ #1 Realm. The current setup sucks ass for VP/JP.

Shut up and color is not an option. Either things change or money is lost. And there's both of that happening however money is being lost faster than changes can accomodate.

Wow. That time of the month?

Yes I think Farmville was a good idea and I like having the option to do it. I don't pet battle but I don't see anything wrong with having the option.

Now what makes you think you know anything about me?

"I'm glad you're enjoying being super casual and LFR is the only "raiding" you see."

I'm the raid/guild leader of a heroic raiding guild. Have been raiding since BC and heroic raiding since OS 3 drakes. Never got #1 world, but I have done pretty well. No one would call me "casual".

So if starting to play WoW in 2005 makes me new. Then ya I am new.

Your arguement comes down to you thinking that you should be allowed to be a number 1 world first raider and not have to put work into getting geared for the first raid. I mean you got the skill, why make you have to play the game to prove it?

I just... Can't get over how wrong you are.

Wrong about me.

Wrong about how pro you are.

Wrong about the expansion.

Wrong about whats best for blizzards coffers.

You are just plain wrong.

I know you have been posting here much longer then me, so I respect your seniority on these forums. Can we just agree to disagree? I'll stop commenting on people's MoP complaints. I think I got my point across.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to mettachain

to mettachain
Metta. I 3 u

Please oh great veteran raider, tell us what blizzard should do to fix MoP since "money is being lost" and it apparently sucks and wow is dying. Please give us your ideas. WoW needs you. Its dying!!!