how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Trimline
Premium
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

[General] Who Supports Outbound CNAM Besides CC?

I am considering porting to a another provider but really need to have outbound CNAM. I realize that VoIP.MS does, but Anveo does not. So, what provider are you using that supports outbound CNAM (and preferably G722)?

Thanks all!

Trev
IP Telephony Addict
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Victoria, BC
kudos:6

1 recommendation

If you have business needs and want a business account, AcroVoice does. You'll certainly pay a premium over the a la carte providers, but with it you'll be able to have both "outbound CNAM" and a phone book listing.

I seem to recall Future 9 offers LIDB population for some DIDs. Have you checked them?
--
Wondering what I do? Find out at »www.digitalcon.ca
Get your Obihai ATA in Canada.

nitzan
Premium,VIP
join:2008-02-27
kudos:8

We can only do outgoing CNAM for numbers in 7 States: CA, NY, PA, DE, WV, VA, MD. Other states unfortunately we are not able to.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit
reply to Trimline

said by Trimline:

I am considering porting to a another provider but really need to have outbound CNAM.

I realize that VoIP.MS does, but Anveo does not.

So, what provider are you using that supports outbound CNAM ? ....

When did CC start broadcasting on-the-fly outbound CNAM ????

My recent tests show only CID being broadcast (the number, not the name) by CC, same as Anveo.

And the info in your post does not seem to match thread title.

= = = = = =

Mind you, I'm in Canada - Are USA numbers behaving differently with any VoIP providers in this regard ?

Trimline
Premium
Windermere, FL

Nope, CC can do outbound CNAM. Depends on the carrier of the DID. Never had and issue with it, but sorry to say, it is time to move on.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

said by Trimline:

Nope, CC can do outbound CNAM. - Depends on the carrier of the DID....

Good to know - Thanks.

BTW, do you have any control over what CNAM that CC broadcasts, like thru portal settings ?

Trimline
Premium
Windermere, FL
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·Bright House
·Callcentric
·voip.ms

said by Davesnothere:

said by Trimline:

Nope, CC can do outbound CNAM. - Depends on the carrier of the DID....

Good to know - Thanks.

BTW, do you have any control over what CNAM that CC broadcasts, like thru portal settings ?

Their help FAQs should be checked... »www.callcentric.com/faq/31#217

Back to topic, need to know providers that support outbound CNAM..

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
Minneapolis, MN
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vitelity VOIP
reply to Trimline

said by Trimline:

So, what provider are you using that supports outbound CNAM (and preferably G722)?

Vitelity (voip.ms does for the numbers they get via Vitelity)
Flowroute
VOIPo

All support LIDB listings for correct CNAM resolution for most numbers.

G.722 doesn't come into play with PSTN endpoints. That only comes into play for end-to-end VoIP, where you can pass any text you want in the call setup (there is no LIDB DIP to look up CNAM).

w1ve
Premium
join:2007-12-28
Hancock, NH
reply to Trimline

said by Trimline:

I am considering porting to a another provider but really need to have outbound CNAM. I realize that VoIP.MS does, but Anveo does not. So, what provider are you using that supports outbound CNAM (and preferably G722)?

Thanks all!

www.flowroute.com has FREE outbound CNAM on all it's DIDs (and NA Termination is $0.0098/min.)
--
VoIP Geek/Customer of voip.ms, vitelity, flowroute, callcentric, localphone, didforsale, voicemeup among others/Asterisk-PIAF user/FreeSwitch app developer/Consulting

dcurrey
Premium
join:2004-06-29
reply to Trimline

If I am reading that FAQ correctly CC doesn't support outbound CNAME.

Viatalk also has inbound/outbound CNAME. No g722 however.

dcm

join:2008-09-12
Pennsylvania

said by dcurrey:

It's my understanding that CC supports outbound CNAM for ported DIDs, but not for CC assigned DIDs.

My ported DID (originally Verizon) shows outbound CNAM. My free CC assigned NY DID does not.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

4 edits

said by dcm:

said by dcurrey:

It's my understanding that CC supports outbound CNAM for ported DIDs, but not for CC assigned DIDs.

My ported DID (originally Verizon) shows outbound CNAM. My free CC assigned NY DID does not.

quote:
Whether or not CallCentric supports outbound CNAM, and if so, under what circumstances ?

These are questions which are NOT answered by that above link - and I've been meaning to say so since the other day, but got too busy until now.

Instead, the link covers CID ONLY, which is the NUMBER rather than the name.

I too would like clarity on the point raised by the OP, and have gone to some lengths in the recent past to make that same point, during testing of CID and CNAM with my 2 current providers, CC and Anveo.

Here are links to thread(s) where this was mostly discussed :

»ANVEO Inbound CID-CNAM Report

In that thread, we are initially discussing the info which Anveo RECEIVES, but indirectly and unexpectedly during the process, I discover what CallCentric either SENDS, or more likely has entered my Name into a CNAM LIDB somewhere.

Once again bear in mind that my observations in that thread were for Canadian DIDs, and mostly involving calls received from various Canadian sources.

The DIDs from USA CLECs have been said to sometimes yield different results in similar tests.

Prior to that thread, I began this next one, for similar purposes.

»CallCentric Inbound CID-CNAM Report

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Vitelity VOIP

said by Davesnothere:

Once again bear in mind that my observations in that thread were for Canadian DIDs, and mostly involving calls received from various Canadian sources.

That's why you're seeing the difference.

In the US, the PSTN provider receiving the call is provided with the CID number as part of the call setup and then has to dip into the LIDB to look up the name.

In Canada, both the CID number *AND* name are sent by the carrier who initiates the call as part of the call setup. There is no LIDB dip by the PSTN carrier receiving the call, except (I suppose) in the case of receiving calls from the US.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

said by espaeth:

In Canada, both the CID number *AND* name are sent by the carrier who initiates the call as part of the call setup. There is no LIDB dip by the PSTN carrier receiving the call, except (I suppose) in the case of receiving calls from the US.

Sadly, it's a little more complex in Canada, because some carriers follow that, while others follow the "US" method.

IIRC, Trev and others have commented on this before.

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

1 edit

said by PX Eliezer7:

Yes, many of us have, mayhaps as recently as in the thread(s) which I linked above, the reading of which may save us from rehashing here some portions of what was said there.

espaeth
Digital Plumber
Premium,MVM
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Vitelity VOIP

said by Davesnothere:

said by PX Eliezer7:

Yes, many of us have, mayhaps as recently as in the thread(s) which I linked above, the reading of which may save us from rehashing here some portions of what was said there.

Yeah, but guys -- the OP is from Florida. Why bring in confusion about what happens north of the US border?

(not that it isn't interesting, but it doesn't really apply to the topic)

Davesnothere
Premium
START Today!

4 edits

said by espaeth:

Yeah, but guys....

(1) Because much of the infrastructure involved in MY VoiP services is South OTB too, and a lot of how we all do things is more the same than different, except for a few subtleties like this.

(2) Because the other folks who commented in my 2 linked threads were in many cases describing things which are happening South OTB in other subscribers' situations - So USA folks ought to appreciate much of it on that merit alone.

YOU know - a comparison and exchange of knowledge and experiences - the phone companies in most cases do not explain what/how they do things, from a tech perspective - they don't think that the average consumer even CARES - and that may be correct - but WE here for the most part are NOT average consumers !

And there's no REAL confusion - just clarifications from time to time - we all when posting try to state the circumstances in which our individual observations apply.

That's all that my 'disclaimer' about being Canadian was out to do.

Maybe next time I won't mention it, eh.

EDIT : to add accent.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13

I can tell from your accent.