Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Gone

Re: (TV) I think I'm so over...

said by Gone:

said by J E F F:

I'm waiting for an Alien like scene when the dead baby comes out...

If the graphic novels are any indication, it won't go down that way.

Never read the comic, and when someone told me..or I read about it, can't remember, I then realized I got myself involved with something I should have never bothered with. Doesn't look like there is ever an ending...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
said by J E F F:

said by Gone:

said by J E F F:

I'm waiting for an Alien like scene when the dead baby comes out...

If the graphic novels are any indication, it won't go down that way.

Never read the comic, and when someone told me..or I read about it, can't remember, I then realized I got myself involved with something I should have never bothered with. Doesn't look like there is ever an ending...

Ending the story means ending the revenue stream.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
I had no idea it was an endless comic...just looked interesting in the preview...

Maybe I thought it was along the line of STOS - 5 year mission...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
Some comics do run. For example Brian Wood's DMZ ended after 72 issues...

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMZ_(comics)

and his Northlanders ended after 50 issues...

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northlanders

Garth Ennis series "Preacher" ended after 60 odd issues...
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preacher_(comics)

However main stream comics like Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Green Lantern will never end...

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to donoreo
said by donoreo:

Their current location was a major part of the story from the comic...er graphic novel. They will be there a while.

Yea, I think that was my favourite story arc of all. The location was a great idea and plenty of cool shit went down there. It's unfortunate that the big black badass from the comic was wimpified for TV, cause it means we won't get those "I destroyed a room of zombies" scenes or that fucking weird suicide pact that dude and Tyrese's daughter had... which obviously turned her into a zombie. Or the killing of Hershel's twins...

They really need to get closer to following the comic, there's way too much that happens in that prison, enough that there's at least two major issues per episode of TV.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by urbanriot:

said by donoreo:

Their current location was a major part of the story from the comic...er graphic novel. They will be there a while.

Yea, I think that was my favourite story arc of all. The location was a great idea and plenty of cool shit went down there. It's unfortunate that the big black badass from the comic was wimpified for TV, cause it means we won't get those "I destroyed a room of zombies" scenes or that fucking weird suicide pact that dude and Tyrese's daughter had... which obviously turned her into a zombie. Or the killing of Hershel's twins...

They really need to get closer to following the comic, there's way too much that happens in that prison, enough that there's at least two major issues per episode of TV.

It is hard to go "back to the comic" now, many characters and events have changed too much.
--

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
I found that to be one of the most appealing elements of the written version, that none of the characters are here to stay and anyone can be killed at any time because that's the environment they're in. It made sense and it was kind of fun, elevated your experience... but on TV, one character dying is a huge deal so I don't know if we're going to get that.

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
reply to A Lurker
I did watch episode 1 last night, and it is closer to season 1, so more interesting. I was tempted to watch the 2nd, but sleep called instead. Will likely watch #2 later tonight. I'm a little concerned with how long it can go on. If they make it interesting enough I guess it won't matter...

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to A Lurker
I watched this week's episode last night. Wow. Very well done.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by donoreo:

I watched this week's episode last night. Wow. Very well done.

Yeah, certainly didn't fit the Season 2 "Wait to die at the Farm" mould. I watched it last night as well, and my wife ended up leaving the room as it was so... gory.

It also reaffirmed urbanriot's comments about no character in the show being immune from death. It is also worth pointing out that the story has now deviated from the comics quite a bit.

Tenar

join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON
reply to A Lurker
I've been enjoying season 3 a lot so far

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

Will likely watch #2 later tonight. I'm a little concerned with how long it can go on. If they make it interesting enough I guess it won't matter...

So did you get back into it and watch the last few episodes? It's been a lot of action and dying for those that like that sort of thing!

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
said by urbanriot:

So did you get back into it and watch the last few episodes? It's been a lot of action and dying for those that like that sort of thing!

This season so far has been more interesting. Of course, reading that it's an ongoing graphic novel series does kind of concern me. Without having an end point of sorts can lead to wandering pointless plots. However, they've got I'm sure more than a few seasons before it gets to that point.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
Has me riveted. Great season so far.

Warez_Zealot

join:2006-04-19
Vancouver
reply to A Lurker
I was reading the comics and so far they are basically taking two "chapters" and mixing them together. Hopefully they star explaining the whole reason they got to the zombie apocalypse and start to wrap up the show before it looses ratings and gets canceled.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by Warez_Zealot:

I was reading the comics and so far they are basically taking two "chapters" and mixing them together. Hopefully they star explaining the whole reason they got to the zombie apocalypse and start to wrap up the show before it looses ratings and gets canceled.

Does that ever get explained in the comics?

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
Well, we kind of get the same perspective that the people in the story have so if our protagonists encounter someone that knows something about something, now we know it too. So far, most of the people our protagonists have encountered know what other people tell them so it's kind of realistic in that sense that nobody really knows anything...

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by urbanriot:

Well, we kind of get the same perspective that the people in the story have so if our protagonists encounter someone that knows something about something, now we know it too. So far, most of the people our protagonists have encountered know what other people tell them so it's kind of realistic in that sense that nobody really knows anything...

We did get some insight when they went to the CDC (which I do not think they did in the comics) and they found out that everyone had the virus or whatever it is.
--

urbanriot
Premium
Canada
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
Yea, I wasn't so keen on that experience on the TV show. I felt they just handed us too much too early whereas in the comics you're just as lost as the characters are and nobody knows what's going on and it doesn't matter since in almost every 'episode', something serious happens so you don't have time to even think about what caused the whole outbreak.

I think in the comics Kirkman intentionally avoided explaining anything for a similar reason while on the TV show, he may have been forced to do so by the people involved with the show. I read an interview with him where he said what happens on the TV show isn't exactly related to what's going on in the comic so it's possible we may never know until he's finished his entire run.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
Generally, zombie outbreaks are never explained. It is always some virus. 28 Days Later, they are not really zombies, so that does not count.

zod5000

join:2003-10-21
Victoria, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw
said by donoreo:

Generally, zombie outbreaks are never explained. It is always some virus. 28 Days Later, they are not really zombies, so that does not count.

And generally when TV shows try to explain something, the explanation is way more lamer than what peoples imaginations come up with.

I always considered the Walking Dead to be more of a post apocalyptic survival type show. I wasn't really worried about what cause it. I'm more interested in how they survive it.

I didn't find season 2 to be very good, but I've been enjoying season 3 quite a bit.