spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

swbrains

join:2004-04-14
Land O Lakes, FL

[TV] What is the "digital device" for $1/mo. mentioned on bill?

My latest bill has a memo on it: "On December 18, WCLF will no longer be carried on analog channel 2. WCLF will remain available in digital on channel 2. If you are a basic customer and unable to view this channel, you may contact us to receive a digital device for the low cost of $1 per month."

What is the "digital device" that's being offered for $1/month?

opp

@bhn.net

Re: [TV] What is the "digital device" for $1/mo. menti

Sounds like a DTA.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to swbrains

Re: [TV] What is the "digital device" for $1/mo. mentioned on bi

said by swbrains:

My latest bill has a memo on it: "On December 18, WCLF will no longer be carried on analog channel 2. WCLF will remain available in digital on channel 2. If you are a basic customer and unable to view this channel, you may contact us to receive a digital device for the low cost of $1 per month."

It's what we call a dollar box...a box specially provisioned to receive the govt channels and other std tier channels that have migrated to digital format. There is no guide or other features associated with digital cable however.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by swbrains:

It's what we call a dollar box...a box specially provisioned to receive the govt channels and other std tier channels that have migrated to digital format. There is no guide or other features associated with digital cable however.

are these new boxes or are they refurbished?

tim tim tim

join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL
kudos:2

Re: [TV] What is the "digital device" for $1/mo. menti

Its just a standard dgital box that is provisioned to only get the standard tier and not have any additonal features.. Could be new or refurbished just like any other box.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL
Right, Comcast does the very same thing for (limited) basic subs - when I previously ONLY had limited basic, I had a DCH70, which they ALSO give to expanded+ basic subs as well. When you are a limited only sub, they actually send a "stripped down" channel map to any boxes, including DTA's, on your account - so you do NOT even see the expanded basic+ channels on the guide. They even do the same thing for their HD boxes f/limited base subs.

In most markets, CC also reduces the cost of boxes for limited base subs as follows:
DTA - .50
Full SD box - .70
HD box - $2.50 (CC does NOT charge an "HD tech fee" for limited basic subs)

opp

@bhn.net
reply to tim tim tim
Looking at lineup that includes the local sub channels METV, Antenna TV etc. Would be a good choice for some.