Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD
kudos:1

'tik priority subnet

Business customer having VoIP issues. I moved their LAN (25 workstations) to subnet 1: 192.168.1.1/24 and their VoIP lines to subnet2: 192.168.2.1/24

How can I set QoS to give 192.168.2.1/24 top priority over anything else?

viperm
Carpe Diem
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Winchester, CA

Mark, Mangle and queue tree

»forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33313

»mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/U···egis.pdf
--
»www.accelwireless.com
ComTrain Certified Tower Climber.
Wireless and IT consultant.
Proficient in Mikrotik

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL
reply to wirelessdog

Yeah, but if you are doing NAT. you can't really double QOS on the same box. Or at least it doesn't work near as well as you would like it too. Unless they changed something in the past version of MT. Like from 4 to 5..

I never found a good compromise that seemed to work properly on our head end anyway. It's almost better to have two separate boxes to fully manage everything
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

wirelessdog

Queen Anne, MD

Why not on the same box?

gunther_01
Premium
join:2004-03-29
Saybrook, IL
reply to wirelessdog

From what I was told, it's because of the placement of NAT in the flow of things. It makes it hard to do double QOS properly. You run out of places to add the rules internally to get the proper effects.

At least in the way we were trying to do it with PCQ rules. I think you can do it with other types of rules though. It just never seemed to work properly IMO.
--
»www.wirelessdatanet.net

wirelessdog

Queen Anne, MD
reply to wirelessdog

Not using PCQ here and I have never had this problem with Layer 7 either. I could never get PCQ to work properly - perhaps that is why.