Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

1 edit

rocca to DoubleEXP

Premium Member

to DoubleEXP

Re: Differences between Teksavvy and Start

Thanks for the feedback and I'm very happy to hear about your positive experience with us as it validates the efforts we make with customer service every day. 

In regards to Teksavvy you'll never find a negative remark from me as I know Marc and believe he too cares about customer experience. As he mentions there is lots of opportunity as independent ISP's only account for about 5% of the market. What is important is to educate people still on Bell or Rogers or Cogeco that alternative options exist, with better pricing, better support and community, whether that be Start or another provider. Of course I'd prefer it was Start but the differences between ISP's be it packages or support mean more options for customers, and that's a good thing.

In the mean-time our focus will continue to be on providing excellent service and support which has been the cornerstone of our success. 

Thanks for choosing us and glad to have you aboard. 

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Tx Pete

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to rocca

Premium Member

to rocca
said by rocca:

....independent ISP's only account for about 5% of the market. What is important is to educate people still on Bell or Rogers or Cogeco that alternative options exist, with better pricing, better support and community, whether that be Start or another provider. Of course I'd prefer it was Start but the differences between ISP's be it packages or support mean more options for customers, and that's a good thing....

You used the 'R' word !

BTW, Indie ISPs were slightly over 6% market share, Canada-wide, as of early 2011 (when the UBB Fit Hit the Shan), as per data which I and others here gathered.

I would think that they have exceeded 7% by now, and customer counts in Bell's 2011 financials seem to support that feeling.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

You used the 'R' word !

I was waiting for that. In this context it is okay.

eeeaddict
join:2010-02-14

eeeaddict

I never got why start isn't allowed to say the name of the company they do business with but others can straight up badmouth rogers (ie teksavvy )?

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

said by eeeaddict:

I never got why start isn't allowed to say the name of the company they do business with

In the new tariffs there is language that prohibits using the name in conjunction with our service, so saying we have the same speed as x or that we are available in x territory is not allowed (and we have received a 'friendly notice' from x reminding us of such). Technically we likely are able to say that a problem was due to x but that never solves anything so we try to stay away from that too. Cogeco has applied to have similar language added to their tariffs which CNOC has opposed but there is no ruling yet.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

I think it's probably prudent to distance yourselves from the peckerwoods incumbents anyways. I don't know why CNOC is opposed. If they were smart, they would have been the one applying for the language. Of course, that would require thinking outside the box.

To that end, I'm shocked that no-one on the indy side had applied for, or has asked for inclusion of, language that forbids the fuckwads incumbents from saying indy services aren't as fast as theirs, or are otherwise somehow hobbled.

And by peckerwoods fuckwads incumbents I mean red, blue, yellow, purple, striped, polka-dotted, whatever.

Mike

eeeaddict
join:2010-02-14

eeeaddict to rocca

to rocca
oh ok I knew tsi and start were on different tarrifs but I didn't know they were so restrictive