share rss forum feed

floydb1982

join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Clearwire Wireless

Netgear XAV5001 won't do 500Mbps

I upgraded 2 of my 5 Netgear XAV2001 adapters with 2 Netgear XAV5001 adapters. Now my Netgear XAV2001 adapters will always transmit and receive at the maximum 200Mbps. My Netgear XAV5001 adapters won't even get close to 500Mbps. The fastest they will ever transmit is at 201Mbps and receive at 202Mbps. How do I get the full 500Mbps the Netgear XAV5001 are designed to transmit at??? If I can't get the full 500Mbps then I'll just switch back in my 2 old Netgear XAV2001 adapters.

cablegeek01

join:2003-05-13
USA
kudos:1
There's probably too much electrical noise on your power line to use a higher order modulation profile that will allow you to obtain 500Mbps.
I'd try plugging them into a good surge protector (both on the same strip), and test the speeds there.
If you get 500Mbps, put them back in place, and start turning off circuit breakers in your house and test until you identify the circuit that is producing the noise. Then go around and unplug stuff on that circuit until you get the speeds again. Pain in the butt, but it's how you trace down the offending equipment.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to floydb1982
I suspect that to get the higher speed, you will need to upgrade all five adapters. Connect just the two new ones and see if you get a higher speed with all the others unplugged from the outlets. If not, return them and keep the old ones. If so, upgrade the rest of them.

toby
Troy Mcclure

join:2001-11-13
Portland, OR
reply to floydb1982
500 Mbps is a dream speed, you'll never get it.

»www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/p···rts/view
Expand your moderator at work