uniqs

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

1 recommendation

limegrass69 to Bob4

to Bob4

Re: WPIX is Gone

I thought you were concerned if there was an emergency.
Anyhow, then it sounds like you're screwed during the 160 or so Yankee games if all you're willing to accept is WCBS 880. Sirius/XM has a traffic and weather channel that provides updated information for the NY area. Maybe you should invest in a satellite radio...or a navigation system that provides similar data. Also, doesn't News 12 have a number you can call and listen to the audio of their Traffic and Weather channels? You could put that number on your "friends and family" list and listen to that all day on your cell phone!

I think we may be off topic

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by limegrass69:

....You could put that number on your "friends and family" list and listen to that all day on your cell phone!

sorry but...... LMAO !
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to limegrass69

to limegrass69
No, that was someone else. I just want the traffic reports while I drive home from work.

Satellite radio traffic sucks. So does 1010 WINS.

NJ101.5 traffic is OK, but it's only every 15 minutes and is difficult to receive in northern NJ.

WCBS also has the benefit of their own traffic helicopter.

I have no idea what News12 does regarding traffic. (What's "friends and family"?)

WPIX --> Yankees --> WCBS --> traffic... It's all related.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

»www.511nj.org/

»www.511ny.org/
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

That web site is a total disaster. And it doesn't do me any good once I'm in my car.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

What does all this have to do with wpix and cablevision?
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

WPIX --> Yankees --> WCBS --> traffic... It's all related.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Yankees are on wwor not wpix
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

That web site is a total disaster. And it doesn't do me any good once I'm in my car.

Dial 511 from your cell phone.

td100776
Premium Member
join:2002-12-19
Keansburg, NJ
TP-Link Archer A2300

td100776 to dm145

Premium Member

to dm145
said by dm145:

What does all this have to do with wpix and cablevision?

WPIX is not missed so much that even the subject has gone off topic

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69 to RemyM

to RemyM
Important to note for Connecticut customers in the Bridgeport area, including Fairfield, Stratford and parts of Milford.

»www.ctpost.com/news/arti ··· 5865.php

"But the Tribune stations will not be coming back in Fairfield County.

While it's good news for Cablevision customers in New Haven and Litchfield counties, who were without any Fox or CW national and local programming during the blackout, it's the end of an era for those in the Bridgeport area, including Fairfield, Stratford and parts of Milford, which for years has had duplicate affiliates of both Fox and CW.

The agreement ends that duplication for customers in the New York designated market area, where WNYW is considered the local Fox station, Cablevision said. Local programming available before the blackout, like Fox CT news and talk shows "The Stan Simpson Show," and "The Real Story," will no longer be available in Fairfield County as a result of the agreement."
RemyM
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

said by kickass69:

The agreement ends that duplication for customers in the New York designated market area, where WNYW is considered the local Fox station, Cablevision said. Local programming available before the blackout, like Fox CT news and talk shows "The Stan Simpson Show," and "The Real Story," will no longer be available in Fairfield County as a result of the agreement."

Fairfield County lost the CT Fox station over a year ago when WNYW made Cablevision remove it not long after WTIC made Cablevision remove WNYW from the CT systems outside of the NY DMA. We still get both CT and NY OTA stations for every other network.