uniqs
« What is HBO's cut?
This is a sub-selection from Not News

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926 to AnonFTW

to AnonFTW

Re: Not News

People are funny. Insinuating things like "Pirating will decrease if HBO offers a streaming option". THIEVES will continue to STEAL Game of Thrones whether theres an HBO $15 streaming option or not.

There are reasons for HBO to possibly switch to a streaming option, THIEVES have nothing to do with it.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

Not true. I personally am not into that show, but if I was I would not pay any provider $20 a month for HBO just to get one show.

However, I would pay about $20 for a full season of a show I enjoy.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

1 recommendation

pnh102

Premium Member

said by Skippy25:

Not true. I personally am not into that show, but if I was I would not pay any provider $20 a month for HBO just to get one show.

Sure it is true. If you currently pay $0 for content by pirating it, why would you pay anything more to watch it instead?

Eagles1221
join:2009-04-29
Vincentown, NJ

Eagles1221

Convenience. I'd pay a buck an episode for commercial free NCIS and Downtown Abbey.

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi

said by Eagles1221:

Convenience. I'd pay a buck an episode for commercial free NCIS and Downtown Abbey.

That's too much.
Corehhi

Corehhi to pnh102

to pnh102
said by pnh102:

said by Skippy25:

Sure it is true. If you currently pay $0 for content by pirating it, why would you pay anything more to watch it instead?

Reason Itunes is successful, reasonable price to keep things legal. Price to high and who cares there are other ways to find media on line.
Skippy25
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25 to pnh102

to pnh102
Your assumption is that all people pirate because they dont want to pay. Which is completely false.

Many people pirate because of the restrictions in either getting the material through silly release windows, how the get it (streamed/digital/etc) or because it is not priced at an amount they are willing to pay.

Will some asshats refuse to pay anything at all and steal everything? Sure, but proclaiming ALL pirates would not pay a thing is silly as well.

I personally know about 15-20 people that PAY for pirated material and they do this because 1) they get the latest shows/movies/music 2) They get it in the format they want and 3) they pay a price they think is fair and are willing to pay. All of those people would purchase straight from the source if they met their conditions but they dont so they get $0 from them.

DISCLAIMER: I personally do not participate in that nor allow it in my home, but it certainly proves your statement wrong.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to Eagles1221

Premium Member

to Eagles1221
said by Eagles1221:

It's usually 3x that for HD and 2x that for SD on VOD services.
Skippy25
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

They charge you at least a $1 more for HD, which is another silly thing. I am yet to hear an argument why that is, but if I did it probably would have nothing to do with technically needing to and everything to do with premium/quality of content.

Eagles1221
join:2009-04-29
Vincentown, NJ

Eagles1221 to Corehhi

to Corehhi
It is what I feel it is worth. Itunes sells a season for 20$ IIRC. NCIS has 22 episodes per season
Eagles1221

Eagles1221 to aaronwt

to aaronwt
And therein is the rub. I can watch free with laggy commericials at CBS.com. Or I can get them from Itunes for a season. Or I can torrent them. A buck per hour is what it is worth to me.
« What is HBO's cut?
This is a sub-selection from Not News