uniqs
share rss forum feed

ToxicDrew
Premium
join:2001-09-24

1 recommendation

reply to Count Zero

Re: Ahh the clueless iPhone consumer

Don't argue with it. The size of his phone makes it feel cocky and over confident about his tech knowledge. It has no life and must make itself feel good putting down others by making up statistics he pulled out of his butt. He seriously needs to be medicated so that he may realize he is just a green sheep in the black barn making fun of the white sheep in the red barn.
--
dream your dreams with open eyes and make them come true...

Telco

join:2008-12-19
reply to Bootes
First off, if you do not care, then why are you talking about it? Try using AT&T 3G in Manhattan and then come tell me how awesome they are.

Not to mention, you have these things called independent studies that analyze the wireless sector. Root Metrics for example illustrates that VZ is #1 across the board in NYC.

Like you stated, VZ works well wherever 'you' go. However, that doesn't reflect the experience of 310 million people. There have been many times that I have had Zero coverage right in central park with ATT. Whereas, with no bars but a D, I am able to make a clear call with Verizon.

Bootes
Premium
join:2005-01-28
New York, NY
Once again, the point is that coverage depends on location and who has better coverage depends on where you want to use your phone.

Saying AT&T has poor coverage where you frquently use your cell phone and so you refuse to use their service is fine. Saying that every person that uses AT&T is an idiot is idiotic.

Telco

reply to Ctrl Alt Del
Yes the statement was empirical, however, Android is a lot more user configurable than IOS. I cannot even change the MMS settings on the iPhone without a hack.

Look at all of the custom roms and so forth avialble for android. Look at all of the tech apps, like the detailed cellular wireless network apps available. Whereas, without jailbreaking, even then, you are extremely limited in this aspect with IOS.

I have two handsets, an iphone 4s and a SGIII. I have the freedom to configure lots more than I can on the iphone. Love both phones, however, with the SGIII, there are no limits as to what I can do with it, what I can run, or how I can customize the handset. These are all things that someone techy would do.

Those who are not techy, have zero interest in any of that. Therefore, it's easy to see that both users and the apps available for android are more IT inclined.

----------

Signing up with the same carrier is essentially choosing the carrier.

Telco

1 edit
reply to Bootes
First point is common sense.

I rely on the various data and independent reputable rankings that compare and contrast actual network performance, in various 'cities' throughout America. Most illustrate time and time again that VZ is #1. Then you have the Customer Service side of things, where AT&T is ranked dead last.

These are not my opinion, these are independent sources there for all to see. Not sure why you fail to grasp this concept and I am certainly not telling you what or who to use.

Telco

reply to Lone Wolf
I meant in terms of reliability and coast to coast network. They also has the largest LTE network on the planet.

Telco

reply to Count Zero
Guys, not sure what you are arguing about. As of 2012, Win 8 mobile beats both hands down. The live tiles concept is fantastic and the GUI, even on a single core, is smooth.

Cannot wait for the Nokia 920 to come out.

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium
join:2002-02-18
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

The iPhone is not a real smartphone. It's a trendy toy for 13 year old girls and for the technological challenged .

I'm not going to argue with someone suffering from a Reality Distortion Field, as it's clear you are unable to see what made and makes the iPhone great. (This does not mean that Android is bad. They aren't mutually exclusive in excellence.)

said by Happydude32:

And FYI - The web browser on iOS, Safari Mobile is an utter joke. It sucks. Dolphin HD and Chrome completely destroy Safari.

However, this is one area where you are completely wrong. Mobile Safari was and is far away superior in standards compliance, HTML5 support, and speed over the Android Browser.

Mobile Safari has always offered better standards support: »www.infoworld.com/d/html5/ios-5s···y-175371

And it's also faster. When Anand tested the iPhone 5, Safari beat every single ARM based Android phone in every test suite. Only a phone running an Intel Atom can keep up: »www.anandtech.com/show/6330/the-···eview/10

It wasn't until Chrome on Android came out that Google caught up to Apple. Chrome is a much better browser than the old Android Browser. But it took Google, what, 4 years to catch up to Apple with Chrome on Android?
--
less talk, more music

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC
reply to Telco
Metro is interesting but it's definitely not a "hands down winner".

Walkingtall

@165.214.14.x
reply to Ctrl Alt Del
said by Ctrl Alt Del:

Any smartphone on Verizon requires a data share plan.

From what I've seen this is not true. A friends wife upgraded to the iPhone 5 taking the discount and giving up unlimited data but they were not forced to take the data share plan. They still let them take the single plans with 2GB limit which is cheaper than the shared plan. He kept his Android smart phone with unlimited data on the same account and was not affected.

bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY
Reviews:
·TowerStream
reply to Lone Wolf
Ever heard of Vodaphone? The people that own around 1/2 of Verizon Wireless?

Ever been to India or the UK or Germany or France? Because my Iphone 4S worked fine over there with the Vodaphone SIM.

(Yes I know India isn't in Europe I was citing countries I know my phone worked in)

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2

2 edits
reply to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

But hey, the head phone jack is now ON THE BOTTOM! Talk about revolutionary!

Me: Why does this iPhone suck?(holds iPhone upside down)
Apple: You're holding it wrong!!!
Me: But but I just wanna listen to my music without mashing the headphone plug in my jacket pocket! Wtf?
Apple: That headphone jack looks sexy on the bottom. Just buy our custom iJacket with a specialized hole in the bottom of the pocket. It looks sexay!
Me: But where do I put my money and wallet?
Apple: Don't worry. You won't have any of that by the time you're done buying our proprietary iCrap! All you need is iToys
Me: (running away screaming) I want my Android ; ;
Apple: Sorry, no app for that

Lol just had to.
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to Ctrl Alt Del
said by Ctrl Alt Del:

said by Happydude32:

The iPhone is not a real smartphone. It's a trendy toy for 13 year old girls and for the technological challenged .

I'm not going to argue with someone suffering from a Reality Distortion Field, as it's clear you are unable to see what made and makes the iPhone great. (This does not mean that Android is bad. They aren't mutually exclusive in excellence.)

said by Happydude32:

And FYI - The web browser on iOS, Safari Mobile is an utter joke. It sucks. Dolphin HD and Chrome completely destroy Safari.

However, this is one area where you are completely wrong. Mobile Safari was and is far away superior in standards compliance, HTML5 support, and speed over the Android Browser.

Mobile Safari has always offered better standards support: »www.infoworld.com/d/html5/ios-5s···y-175371

And it's also faster. When Anand tested the iPhone 5, Safari beat every single ARM based Android phone in every test suite. Only a phone running an Intel Atom can keep up: »www.anandtech.com/show/6330/the-···eview/10

It wasn't until Chrome on Android came out that Google caught up to Apple. Chrome is a much better browser than the old Android Browser. But it took Google, what, 4 years to catch up to Apple with Chrome on Android?

You fail to address Dolphin HD. It's been out a long time and is excellent. Most stock browsers are crap modded by the manufacturer or carrier, but Android gives you choices, which is the biggest selling point of Android.
--
A fool thinks they know everything.

A wise person knows enough to know they couldn't possibly know everything.

There are zealots for every OS, like every religion. They do not represent the majority of users for either.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Telco

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium
join:2002-02-18
reply to Selenia
said by Selenia:

You fail to address Dolphin HD. It's been out a long time and is excellent. Most stock browsers are crap modded by the manufacturer or carrier, but Android gives you choices, which is the biggest selling point of Android.

Dolphin HD may be excellent, but it uses the platform's native HTML rendering component rather than its own engine. This means that it handles Web content approximately the same way as the default browser: still worse than Safari Mobile. Again, it wasn't until Chrome that Google caught up to Apple, almost 4 years later.
--
less talk, more music