Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

m109rider

join:2012-10-24
Thornhill, ON

2 edits

Rogers secretely removes $50 Max Charge on Rocket Hub

Dear Roger Subscribers, please take notice of how Rogers has mistreated customers like myself who rely on their services.

I live north of Toronto in a small part of the city where it is considered farm land. On this area of land, we have no access to DSL or Cable services. When I moved to the property, I signed a deal with Rogers for 2 years for the Rocket Hub service on the flex plan. I was made aware of the different tiers of pricing depending on how much you download, and that after 10gigs a month you would be charged $10 per gig up to a maximum of $50 over charges. What this means is that if I were to go anywhere above 15 gigs a month, I would still only pay a maximum of $127 (After taxes) even though it was expensive, I knew that I was OK if I downloaded a little more and not have to worry about a massive bill.
Because I use this Rocket Hub as a main home internet service, its not unusual that I may go over the 10gig a month limit but I certainly do not download HD Movies or watch hours of Netflix at a time, which could raise that download rate to almost 30-50 gigs a month.

Fast forward to this months bill, which came to $270. Shocked at seeing this bill, I contacted Rogers billing to inquire about why the bill is so high when the $50 is supposed to be in place. I was kept on hold for almost 1.5 hours while the agent went looking for an explanation, and could offer none. I was on hold for so long, I managed to put the phone down on the kitchen table and go have a nice relaxing shower, and by the time I got back, the agent was on the line telling me that she could not find any reason why the bill was so high but she would give me 2 months credit for the Rocket Hub service. I kindly thanked her for offering me the 2 months free, but that that would not solve the issue with the high monthly fee. She took my information down and told me that she would have her manager call me as soon as possible to discuss the problem. 1 week later, I still have not heard back from Rogers so I called back and was forwarded to their customer relations department. Once again, I was on hold for almost 1 hour before I got to a CR rep. I took the time to carefully explain why this bill was too high for my usage and the Rep, who couldn’t answer anything more then what was on her sheet, couldn’t understand what my problem was.
I explained to her again that if she were to look at my billing history for the last 22 months, she would see that I have NEVER exceeded the maximum amount possible for the Rocket Hub account, which was $127 after taxes, the proof was there in the billing history, with all my download usage amounts in each bill. Some bills were 10 gigs, other were as high was 50 gigs, but the max was always $127. I told her that I’ve called Rogers 3 times in the last year to make sure that that $50 cap was in place and that I was free to continue using the internet with out fear of an enormous bill. This was confirmed 3 times, by 3 different reps. Infact, when I first signed up for the service, the person who signed me up claimed that they are aware and know that some people rely on the Rocket Hub as their home service, which is why they put the $50 in in the first place.

The CR Rep continued to tell me “I don’t see anything about a cap” and “There is nothing I can do”. This is unacceptable because she had no idea about the $50 cap, and she didn’t even try to look into it for me. She told me “You can call back in 2 months and we can give you another 2 months free data” to which I replied “That’s not going to happen because I am not calling every 2 months to wait 1 hour on hold to see if the CR rep will add more free data, mostly because how would rogers be making money if they keep giving away service?” Again, “There is nothing I can do, and a notice was sent in your bill about the service charges.”

So I went and checked my billing history for the last 6 months and absolutely no mention about the removal of the $50 cap was present. The only thing that was visible was on a earlier bill that just defines the flex rate plan charges, mentioning that “For every 1 gig over the 10 gig limit there will be a a charge of $10”… Fine, we all understand that.. however, if I was given a $50 cap over that 10 gig rate, where did it go and why does no one who works at Rogers seem to remember having it?

Rogers has discretely removed the $50 cap without notification to the customer, lying about notifying the customer and then lying that they have no way of putting the cap back “Because there was no code in our system to have it”…. So I guess my account along with others had a magical code that we all had that all have now disappeared and no one at Rogers will admit it.

I asked the service rep if she was really ok with people who have no other choice for internet service in their area, if they were to use their service that they would receive a $1000 bill they would be totally ok with that? She said “Well, we hope you don’t use $1000 of service”
Guys we have a serious problem here… Rogers has essentially removed a cap that lots of people rely on for home internet usage and now cripples anyone who actually needs the internet at home for things like work, were you can use easily 1 gig a day just by VPN’ing into the office or if you do website work like me, uploading and downloading of lots of images/videos to FTP servers… it could run you into thousands of dollars!

I'm disgusted at the ignorance of the service staff, the ridiculous long hours of waiting on the phone with NO resolution, and the utter disregard for their CR reps to even try keep you as a customer. They really don’t even care, they just say “Well, sorry. We can’t compete with (Bell, Telus, Wind)” and that’s it. I asked to speak to their supervisor, the answer I got was “The supervisor is not here but you can speak to one on our online chat” … seriously, your manager is someone that I can get a hold of on Online Chat? That’s bullshit.

I am horrified that Rogers can do this, and to other people… Watch your bills people because Rogers has decided they can remove the caps and not even tell you. If you are on a rocket hub, you better make sure you check your usage for the last month because you are about to get a whopper of a bill.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

Re: Rogers secretely removes $50 Overage Charge on Rocket Hub

Contact CCTS »www.ccts-cprst.ca/

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

This is not a CCTS complaint. Rogers has never advertised the a max cap for the Rocket Hub as this information was meant to be internal only so that Rogers can change this aspect at anytime.

m109rider

Thornhill, ON

Internal only or not, that does not give them the right to magically take away the cap with out notification. I received no electronic or physical mail or phone call with the changes. If they tell you that there is a $50 cap on the Flex Plan, and you take their word for it and go ahead and use 50 gigs of service, then when you receive a $1000-$5000 bill... Well, you let me know how you think that should be handled when they refuse to adjust the bill for you.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

There is no need to provide you with notification pertaining to changes to something that was never officially offered.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to m109rider

Re: Rogers secretely removes $50 Max Charge on Rocket Hub

Fist and foremost if I had call in every 2 months and spend an hour on the phone to save at least $254, where do I sign up. I don't what you do or how much you make,but that works out of an income of over 500K/yr

At that level I wouldn't be posting here, but rather having one on my minions on the phone with Rogers to deal with it.

That said, it's typical Rogers, dishonest and extremely unethical (cue social marketing troll any time now to tell you contact them on twitter) I'm waiting for the day there is no limit, it's really a matter of time.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to yyzlhr

Re: Rogers secretely removes $50 Overage Charge on Rocket Hub

said by yyzlhr:

There is no need to provide you with notification pertaining to changes to something that was never officially offered.

I beg to differ.

If this person has previous bills showing this max charge, and has maintained this type of bill for 2 years (or whatever he/she stated), then one would expect the same bill unless notified.

The previous bills alone is documented proof of the max charge relationship with the customer. To suddenly get dinged in the hundreds for something that the person has had for x-years for 50$ is not normal, nor good business practice. A notice should have went out.

I agree with sbrook. File the complaint with the CCTS. Provide previous bills as the documented proof that you had this and include you story above.

In addition to this, who is to say that you haven't been singled out? Maybe the person next door to you still has a 50-max limit. You could possibly have been discriminated against, singled out for punishment by Rogers. When filing with the CCTS I would also say you have been discriminated and singled out for punishment since you had no previous warning, nor did the Rogers personnel offer to solve this discrimination issue with you. Rogers had no explanation to give you for this discrimination.

Also to include in your complaint:
Since you called Rogers to confirm the 50$ max billing 3X, say Rogers should be able to produce these recording to the CCTS as proof you were in a contract with this pricing. Many times when the telco "lost" the recordings the CCTS will take your side.

CCTS is free, if it does fail, nothing is lost on your part except for the time to write the complaint. So you have all to gain.

Next step would be small claims court and/or writing Ellen Roseman of TorStar to splash this around.

m109rider

Thornhill, ON

I have bills since March of 2011 showing consistent charges and how they have maxed out at $127. I want to mention again that I am not a heavy downloader and I don't even have a netflix account personally, so I don't see why Rogers would want to punish me for excessive downloading. I only use my internet for facetime, youtube and occasionally some work. If I was constantly downloading 50 gigs a month, I would understand Rogers problem with me.

I have gone through all of this years billing and there is usually a message with some useful information on the 2nd page of the bill with "Did you know..." type of statement, and not one of them mentions an adjustment of my service.

I most definitely have sent in a complaint with the CCTS, and with cellphonehorrorstory.ca as well. I have provided proof by means of screenshots of my electronic billing with dates attached.

I have not been singled out. There are a number of complaints on the Rogers forum regarding this, and there is also a forum posting that was removed (I assume by Rogers). Using Google's Cache feature, I was able to read the complaint and it was the same as mine, but its now gone.

I would be able to point out specific conversations I had with previous Rogers reps. In one specific case, I called rogers to ask about a small overage charge. During this conversation, the reason was my fault because I was unaware of the billing cycle's start and end date, so I overused the internet and got dinged. The rep explained the dates to me, got that cleared up, mentioned the $50 cap and then proceeded to give me 2 months free data as well for "My trouble" even though there really was none... but the fact was, he confirmed it for me.

Next steps for me in the case no one gets back to me would be to start asking questions on their facebook page, twitter account and if still no contact to get in touch with the media so at least people other then myself can be aware of the magical charges they will be getting if they use too much internet this month or the next. If I wasn't notified, then probably other people haven't been as well. I know from some other posts on the Rogers forums that some people are being dinged for $640 on their Rocket Hub account! Thats CRIMINAL.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

Good luck with your complaint. I agree the practice is a bit scummy, but Rogers is well within their rights to do this. To bolster your case, I would write to the privacy office at Rogers to obtain the transcripts of the call where you were TOLD there is a $50 cap. Without this, your CCTS complaint will suffer. If you read the CCTS decisions on their website, the CCTS routinely reviews internal policy documents from the carriers and often makes decisions based on those policies. Keep in mind, the CCTS does not make decisions based on what the public feels is consumer friendly or not but based on the facts presented by both sides. The internal docs at Rogers CLEARLY state that the $50 cap is not advertised and customers are not supposed to be told that this exists and that it can change at anytime without notice.

m109rider

Thornhill, ON

said by yyzlhr:

Good luck with your complaint. I agree the practice is a bit scummy, but Rogers is well within their rights to do this. To bolster your case, I would write to the privacy office at Rogers to obtain the transcripts of the call where you were TOLD there is a $50 cap. Without this, your CCTS complaint will suffer. If you read the CCTS decisions on their website, the CCTS routinely reviews internal policy documents from the carriers and often makes decisions based on those policies. Keep in mind, the CCTS does not make decisions based on what the public feels is consumer friendly or not but based on the facts presented by both sides. The internal docs at Rogers CLEARLY state that the $50 cap is not advertised and customers are not supposed to be told that this exists and that it can change at anytime without notice.

If there were internal documents, then the customer rep would of seen that I had the $50 enabled for 19 months straight, instead of pretending that she never heard of it before. The act of them "Playing dumb" is infuriating, it would be preferable if they said "You HAD the $50 cap but now we have removed it" but instead they just beat around the bush and have no idea what your talking about.

Thanks for the tip regarding the privacy office, I'll see if I can contact them and get some info. I know for sure that they have mentioned the $50 cap more then once. There is a clear record of it, and I hope to get it.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

LOL, I don't think the rep was "playing" dumb. Chances are they legitimately did not know. This policy document also isn't easy to find as they don't want reps accidentally telling customers about the existence of this cap.

m109rider

Thornhill, ON
reply to elwoodblues

Re: Rogers secretely removes $50 Max Charge on Rocket Hub

We'll never hit that "no limit" if no one puts pressure on the Big 3 to at least start charging realistic amounts for service, compared to other countries in the world where they are laughing at us for how far behind we are in Internet technology, yet pay the most for the least service.

I've also sent in a complaint to »cellphonehorrorstory.ca/ I suggest you all do as well who are running into this issue.

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to m109rider

Someone stated on another post that the 50 dollar maximum overuse fee per month was just raised from 50 dollars to 500 dollars. Quite an increase considering inflation in Canada is well below 2 percent and maybe negative for 2013.

The Geezer
Premium
join:2004-12-28
43.3Á

Hmm! I think the switch to Xplornet satellite for rural Canadian customers is really beginning to look more and more appealing...
--
Rogers (Ericcson) Rocket Hub, Apple Intel iMac, OSX 10.6

DS256
Premium
join:2003-10-25
Markham, ON
reply to m109rider

Just discovered this thread. I've used Rocket Hub since May. When I signed up for it, as part of the package for Rogers/Bell dropping Mobile Internet, I was told if I exceeded one tier I would be charged the next tier up. This has happened a couple of times over the summer. I never heard of a $50 cap but am surprised you seem to be getting a different billing profile. Best of luck. I'll be keeping an eye on my bills.

MJB

join:2012-01-29
reply to m109rider

just wait they will remove the 100 dollar cap on the ultimate (new) to
bring in more money, like cogeco.

thankfully i quit rogers since they are crooks.. moved to another isp

serpico06

join:2012-10-30
reply to m109rider

Hi,

We live in Caledon, Ontario and signed up for the service it seems at around the same time. We also were shocked to see our bill this month. If you want to collaborate on a complaint to the CCTS, I would be more than happy to band with you. This is completely an unreasonable action to take. This is the only service offered in the more rural areas outside of the city, and it is already a ridiculous price in comparison to the services offered in the city. Our only solace was the fact that if we went over the 10gb limit (which with multiple users in a house is easy nowadays) we would only be charged the maximum 50$ cap. Unbelievable that they can change a plan without any indication that our contract has been changed. The pricing is already ridiculous and now they want to charge even more for a service that at best provides a 3mbit/s download and at worst is significantly under 1mbit/s (when advertised up to 7mbit/s). m109rider pm me and maybe we can file a joint complaint for more impact.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

said by serpico06:

Hi,

We live in Caledon, Ontario and signed up for the service it seems at around the same time. We also were shocked to see our bill this month. If you want to collaborate on a complaint to the CCTS, I would be more than happy to band with you. This is completely an unreasonable action to take. This is the only service offered in the more rural areas outside of the city, and it is already a ridiculous price in comparison to the services offered in the city. Our only solace was the fact that if we went over the 10gb limit (which with multiple users in a house is easy nowadays) we would only be charged the maximum 50$ cap. Unbelievable that they can change a plan without any indication that our contract has been changed. The pricing is already ridiculous and now they want to charge even more for a service that at best provides a 3mbit/s download and at worst is significantly under 1mbit/s (when advertised up to 7mbit/s). m109rider pm me and maybe we can file a joint complaint for more impact.

You cannot file a joint complaint to the CCTS.

hm

@videotron.ca

said by yyzlhr:

Well that isn't exactly right.

I believe the rules changed a little over a year ago where an entity can file on a group behalf.

An entity such as PIAC.ca or the Quebec consumers Union (who will also take Ontario requests for help), or CIPPIC.ca

So this one entity (like a consumer group, or other) can file on behalf of a whole bunch of people.

So, in a way yes, they can collaborate on a complaint, and some one can file for them (if they take the time to find someone).

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

said by hm :

said by yyzlhr:

I believe the rules changed a little over a year ago where an entity can file on a group behalf.

An entity such as PIAC.ca or the Quebec consumers Union (who will also take Ontario requests for help), or CIPPIC.ca

So this one entity (like a consumer group, or other) can file on behalf of a whole bunch of people.

So, in a way yes, they can collaborate on a complaint, and some one can file for them (if they take the time to find someone).

The CCTS is there to help consumers resolve disputes that are specific to their account. Why would it make sense to allow people to file joint complaints when it is not regarding the same account?

hm

@videotron.ca

said by yyzlhr:

said by hm :

said by yyzlhr:

The CCTS is there to help consumers resolve disputes that are specific to their account. Why would it make sense to allow people to file joint complaints when it is not regarding the same account?

Seriously. If you are going to pretend to know what you are talking about, at least have the balls to say that you aren't sure, or don't really know before trying to discourage people from filing as a group, or to seek help from a consumer group to have it all consolidated.

6.16 The Commissioner may consolidate, and take action with respect to, two or more complaints filed by or on behalf of two or more Customers relating to the same Participating Service Provider and arising from the same transaction or occurrence or series of transactions or occurrences

6.17 Subject to Section 6.18, the Commissioner shall not consider and shall take no action with respect to a single complaint filed by or on behalf of more than one Customer.

6.18 Notwithstanding Section 6.17, the Commissioner may take action with respect to a complaint filed by or on behalf of one or more Customers, provided that:
(a) each Customer to which the complaint relates is specifically identified and has authorized that the complaint be filed on behalf of such Customer;
(b) the complaint relates to the same Participating Service Provider and arises from the same transaction or occurrence or series of transactions or occurrences; and
(c) the Commissioner considers that it is appropriate and efficient to do so.

I don't see your purpose in discouraging people to trying to pretend things aren't true.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

said by hm :

Seriously. If you are going to pretend to know what you are talking about, at least have the balls to say that you aren't sure, or don't really know before trying to discourage people from filing as a group, or to seek help from a consumer group to have it all consolidated.

6.16 The Commissioner may consolidate, and take action with respect to, two or more complaints filed by or on behalf of two or more Customers relating to the same Participating Service Provider and arising from the same transaction or occurrence or series of transactions or occurrences

6.17 Subject to Section 6.18, the Commissioner shall not consider and shall take no action with respect to a single complaint filed by or on behalf of more than one Customer.

6.18 Notwithstanding Section 6.17, the Commissioner may take action with respect to a complaint filed by or on behalf of one or more Customers, provided that:
(a) each Customer to which the complaint relates is specifically identified and has authorized that the complaint be filed on behalf of such Customer;
(b) the complaint relates to the same Participating Service Provider and arises from the same transaction or occurrence or series of transactions or occurrences; and
(c) the Commissioner considers that it is appropriate and efficient to do so.

I don't see your purpose in discouraging people to trying to pretend things aren't true.

I'm not trying to pretend anything. That's great that their procedural code allows it, but if you look at their complaint form, there is no option to file a complaint with someone else. Also, the CCTS has to approve of the complaints being filed together so IMO, you'd just be wasting more time waiting for them to approve the complaints to be consolidated together when the time can be spent reviewing the arguments and evidence presented by both sides.

serpico06

reply to hm

Just spent 4 hours trying to resolve this, with no progress. Basically had the girl picking her words carefully to say that overages have been reflected on this month's bill without admitting that as of this month there has been a change to my contract so that I now actually get charged for sed overages. Going to contact the CCTS tommorow and see what they have to say. Apparently its not written down anywhere but i have 2 and a 1/2 years of bills that show the 50$ cap in place. If anyone has suggestions for wireless isp providers near caledon, that would be appreciated. Looking into ica and xplornet atm.

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

said by serpico06:

Tbh all his post on this page sounds like he's a rogers employee using scare tactics... Just spent 4 hours trying to resolve this, with no progress. Basically had the girl picking her words carefully to say that overages have been reflected on this month's bill without admitting that as of this month there has been a change to my contract so that I now actually get charged for sed overages. Going to contact the CCTS tommorow and see what they have to say. Apparently its not written down anywhere but i have 2 and a 1/2 years of bills that show the 50$ cap in place. If anyone has suggestions for wireless isp providers near caledon, that would be appreciated. Looking into ica and xplornet atm.

I'm not a rogers employee. I have worked with them in the past in various capacities and simply providing my knowledge and experience so that people have a better understanding of why things are the way they are. I could care less whether people file complaints against Rogers, I do not have any stake in the company, I do not own any shares so it really does not matter to me.

@serpico06, there is no change to your contract. No where in the service agreement, terms of service, or in their marketing collateral does it indicate that there is a $50 cap on overage charges. This is not a feature of the service you signed up for nor was it every written into your contract.

You're free to argue that by not charging you more than $50 for such an extended period of time infers that this is an actual feature of the product or that it is the same as actually having it in your service agreement. That's what the CCTS is there for. I did not intend to discourage people from filing with the CCTS, in fact I've provided advice earlier in this thread on how one can bolster their case with the CCTS. I was simply indicating that Rogers is well within their rights to change this cap without notice under these circumstances and that generally speaking, this is not a CCTS complaint. I changed my opinion when I was informed that the OP was told on multiple occasions that an overage cap did in fact exist.

My ultimate goal is that consumers understand every aspect of the services that they sign up for. The stuff I post in these forums are simply my analysis of the situation based on what I know from my industry experience. They are not necessarily my personal opinions, nor do I expect people to like what I have to say or agree with any of my analyses. My intent is simply to provide an explanation as to why something is happening the way it is and to provide realistic advice when possible.

serpico06

While I appreciate you trying to inform me, trying to tell me what I was told when I signed up for the service and throughout the use of said service is simply ridiculous. They may not have it written down anywhere, but throughout my contract I have been told by them that I did in fact have a cap, both through my bills and through phone conversations. My bill never indicated that I would be charged for overages, nor did it mention that overages might at some point be applied. Just a month ago they called about an upgrade, at which point they told me not to bother because the overage fees without the cap that I had in place would be extremely high. The fact of the matter is that they decided to remove a feature that they offered, both without any notice AND denying that it even ever existed. If they said, "ok from this point forth you will no longer have this cap" then I could have cancelled my service ahead of time and avoided a $300 bill for service that doesnt even deserve a $20 monthly payment tbh. $300.00 with less than 1Mbit/s and a 10gb cap for a residential internet service in 2012 is simply absurd. Its like they dont want me to use the internet...

yyzlhr

Scarborough, ON

All I said is that there is nothing written or advertised about this cap which is completely true. I never said anything about what you were told verbally. As I suggested to the OP, you should write to the privacy office to obtain account notes or call transcripts where you were told about the $50 cap and present them to the CCTS. Without that evidence, there is no CCTS case IMO.

hm

@videotron.ca
reply to yyzlhr

It is in fact a material change in service. In addition, a material change in service requires Rogers to notify you (and you should state these two little sentences in your complaint as you fight the additional charges).

sheez

@videotron.ca
reply to serpico06

serpico06, ignore yyzlhr. Your bills for the past 2.5-years are proof enough you had it. File your complaint and make note that call records should also contain this as you stated.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to m109rider

don't you LOVE how you're locked in to a contract with no bargaining power but if Rogers wants to raise/lower your speeds or your caps or raise the price of your service they're allowed and you're locked in.

A contract should remain an honorable contract. What i signed up for is what i get until the end of my term in which case may change upon renewal.

Not at Rogers.

They do not care about loosing a customer, honestly i think it's better for them to loose some customers to avoid having too much of the market share since they are so large.

As much as we all wish, hope and dream Rogers goes dead one day, unfortunately it'll never happen. Even if they had to file chapter 11, our government would bail them out. They are here to stay and i promise you nothing will change with them.

They will not one day care, they are as is Bell and the rest of the big ones all leeches, sucking every penny out of a home they can.

m109rider

Thornhill, ON

2 recommendations

reply to m109rider

Hello everyone! I just wanted to give you an update on the situation. I am the OP.

I filed a complaint with the CCTS and provided billing evidence, as well as a description of the phone service I got (Long hold, annoyed CS rep).

They sent me back a reply saying they have reviewed my case, and it DOES fall within their scope mandate.

We have received your complaint XXXXXX and hereby advise you that your complaint falls within the scope of our mandate and will be processed in accordance with our Procedural Code (the “Code”),

What this means is that Rogers has to respond in writing to the CCTS and myself either accepting the claim or to argue it... waiting for that response.

The second thing is, I've filed a story with cellphonehorrorstory.ca which is the same organization that works with STOPTHEMETER which you may remember from last year regarding the UBB billing.

Thirdly, my story here has been passed on to the media. A journalist from the CBC News Marketplace program contacted me via email and asked for my story. I provided it, and she is doing a highlight on how Canadian's are getting screwed by the big 3 for reasons just like this. There will be a camera interview with me in the next month or so.

Fourth, I still have an open ticket with Rogers, they have not contacted me to help resolve the issue.

Everyone I encourage you to NOT give up, send in your complaints and let us be HEARD!! We all don't have the ability to get Cable or DSL to the house, we shouldn't be punished by Rogers for that!