mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

Network Upgrade

Click for full size
8 Down 4 Up
I learned todat that I am now getting 8 channels Down and 4 Channels Up.

2 weeks ago I was getting 8 Down and 1 Up. So it looks like Rogers are hard at work with Network Upgrades.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Rogers Hi-Speed

They're certainly upgrading (might explain why I lost my connection at night a couple of times in the past month). I saw this post in the Rogers Community Forums:

quote:
Just got off the phone with retention - I've been wanting to cancel internet for the last while as Bell's speeds of 10 upload are amazing and I'm sick and tired of paying ridiculous amounts of money for 512kbps upload!

Rogers will be catching up shortly I am told in November.

Sounds like Express will be 28mbps download / 2mbps upload, Extreme will be 32mbps download / 7mbps upload

Pricing will be $61.99 and $71.99 for the latter.
I'm not thrilled about prices going up.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

4 edits

said by MichelR:

Sounds like Express will be 28mbps download / 2mbps upload, Extreme will be 32mbps download / 7mbps upload.......

Well, Rogers would have to be smoking crack to try this foolish price increase because they'll put themselves out of business adding $13/month to their most popular Express tier.

Bell has 25/10 125GB for $59.95 everyday and the TPIAs will most likely follow suit. Most shop for Internet by tier price. Customers will abandon Rogers by the thousands for a better deal elsewhere.

As somebody here pointed out, a lot of folks don't care about upload speed and the current Express 18 down is more than enough for everyday use. It's a cash thing not a speed thing for hundreds of thousands of people living on the financial edge.

In this day and age, a TPIA could put up a 10/1 tier for $35/month and half of Canada would sign up instantly and they'll leave Rogers as the domain of those credit card millionaires who don't know the value of a dollar anyway.

Rogers Community Forums, for the most part, are just rumor mills anyway............just a way for the Rogers trolls to test the waters.

Ree

join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

said by elitefx:

Bell has 25/10 125GB for $59.95 everyday

For some people, maybe. None of the Fibe packages are available in my area...maybe I'm the odd man out though, I dunno.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to elitefx

said by elitefx:

Bell has 25/10 125GB for $59.95 everyday

$63.95. $59.95 is the bundle price.

said by elitefx:

In this day and age, a TPIA could put up a 10/1 tier for $35/month

TPIAs can't make their own tiers.

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to MichelR

said by MichelR:

They're certainly upgrading (might explain why I lost my connection at night a couple of times in the past month). I saw this post in the Rogers Community Forums:

quote:
Just got off the phone with retention - I've been wanting to cancel internet for the last while as Bell's speeds of 10 upload are amazing and I'm sick and tired of paying ridiculous amounts of money for 512kbps upload!

Rogers will be catching up shortly I am told in November.

Sounds like Express will be 28mbps download / 2mbps upload, Extreme will be 32mbps download / 7mbps upload

The 28Mbps plan is not Express, that is Extreme. Looks like some wires crossed as I don't see Rogers changing the download speeds on the tiers again for some time.

Extreme is rumored to be getting 3Mbps upload and Express is rumored to be getting 2Mbps upload.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to MichelR

said by MichelR:

quote:

Those are the current advertised prices for 28/1 and 32/1.

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·voip.ms
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by bt:

said by MichelR:

quote:

Those are the current advertised prices for 28/1 and 32/1.

For Extreme and Extreme Plus, yes. The post in the community forums was talking about Express and Extreme getting the new speeds, which seems to imply that Extreme would now be 61.99 and Extreme 71.99. But maybe I read that wrong.

Anyway, I was just on the phone with Rogers about canceling my service and there was no mention of higher caps or speed coming for Extreme. Not surprised - either it's not true or not all CSRs are aware of upcoming changes...